Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

petal pushing
(Roberto Cavalli dress, Giuseppe Zanotti wedges)

The second look I styled for the Luisaviaroma Style Lab was this liquidy Roberto Cavalli dress...fairly outside of my typical style but between the acres of ivory silk, magnified watercolor print, and shoulder blade cutouts, I couldn't really walk away after gracefully vulturing in on it in the store. The effect of the thing is essentially that of wearing a giant petal, which I've decided is pretty nice. The boho factor was cleaned up with a covered ponytail (lots of cringing when the Aveda team brushed my hair..I recovered eventually) and sleek T-strap wedges. I thought I might perish from the cold but it was actually just perfect for catching some sun on the rooftop and getting a close range eyeful of Il Duomo.