Fashion Time   +  skin care

DERMATOLOGIST APPROVED PRODUCTS
Mood [Okay]
Currently Playing [JEJUNG & YUCHUN(from 東方神起)/ COLORS ~Melody and Harmony~]

Recently, I've started seeing a dermatologist because my skin had gotten worst in the past year. He gave me this list of products and along with a little blurb that he approved to use for anyone who has acne. I found it so surprising that some of the products and brands that are recommend by a dermatologist were the ones that I often overlook. I also thought that these products would be super expensive since they were recommended by a doctor. However, brands like Almay and Cetaphil are pretty affordable and they are mentioned quite a few times on the list. I am also happy that some items that I am currently using also made the cut. Thus, I thought I would share this list with you all so that you can start using products that will not worsen your skin or acne.

Cleansers
Harsh soaps do little for acne. The following is a list of gentle cleansers that you can use. These allow you to use your medications with less discomfort:
-Dove soap
-Spectro Jel or Spectro Derm (Only available in Canada)
-Avene Clean-Ac Cleanser
-Cetaphil Lotion
-CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

Moisturizer
Moisturizers do nothing to prevent wrinkles. Overuse can make your acne respond poorly to the medications. For this reason, you should use moisturizer only when needed. if your skin looks dry or flaky, and you have to look your best that day, then use one of the moisturizers below:
-Complex 15 Cream
-Avene Clean-Ac
-Impruv Cream
-Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Daily Advance Lotion or Cream
-Cetraben Cream
-CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

*Note: I don't know if I completely agree with the dermatologist when he said that moisturizers do nothing to prevent wrinkles. That really scares me to think that there's nothing that I can do to prevent aging. However, he is the doctor after-all.

Foundation
Use a foundation that has non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic or will not clog pores on the label. If you are not sure, use one of the foundations below:
-Almay Foundation
-Estee Launder Foundation
-Lancome Foundation
-MAC
-Marcelle Founation
(If you want to use a loose powder, you can use any brand that you want. Do not use any compacts or pressed powders, but stick with mineral)

These are my two favourite foundations at the moment and they are both non-comedogenic. Not only do they have great coverage but they also keep my skin matte throughout the day.
Lancome Paris Teint Idole Ultra in Bisque 2 (C)

14-hour ultra-resistant makeup delivers flawless, full-coverage that lasts. The retouch-free, oil-free formula features Lancôme’s SoftFeel™ technology glides on to comfort skin with flawless full coverage. Divine comfort leaves skin feeling soft, comfortable and silky-smooth hour after hour.
Biotherm Matte Pur in 120

Natural coverage, not cakey and chalkey like. Goes on natural, smooth and last for more than 8 hours.

Blush
You can use any pink or peach eye shadow as a blush because eye shadows do not contain chemicals that can make acne worse. But if you really want to use a blush, use one of the blushes below:
-Almay Blush
-Dormer Blush

Sunscreen
-Ombrelle Sunscreen SPF 30 to 60 or Face Stick
-Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 45, 55, or Facial 60 or 70 Sunblock
-La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 30 or 60
My two favourite sunscreen for my face and for my body. I love these two so much because no only do they have a high SPF but they also have a non-greasy formula! I absolutely hate sunscreen that leaves a greasy-feel! And I can attest that these will not do that! I highly recommend these!

Did you find anything that you use regularly on this dermatologist's approved products list? Let me know ~

PS, don't forget to enter my Too Faced Naked Palette giveaway which ends on March 11. Follow the link on the side bar!