Fashion Time   +  travel

it was very nice, it was paradise
Guten tag dollies! I am back from a whirlwind trip to Berlin that took me away from my beloved London from Thursday until late last night. Three friends and I dined at great restaurants such as Noto and clubbed at celeb haunts like Felix. As lame as it is to say - but I truly felt like a celeb myself this weekend!I took so many photos but hardly any of myself - mostly of fascinating buildings and yummy food. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do (oh take me back to those truffles!) Just around the corner from where we were staying in East Berlin were such sights as the Dome Français - there was so much beautiful architecture surrounding us, it was unreal!
We visited a great little market Friday morning complete with fresh fruits, beautiful flowers and - for my meat-lovin' friends - tons of sausages
On Friday, I had a wonderful lunch at the restaurant on the top level of the KaDeWe, which overlooks the entire city, complete with tons of fruit and even more potatoesSeriously, artichokes - get at meOf course I couldn't resist the truffles just a floor below where we had lunch at the KaDeWe - the Kir Royal truffle (a gorgeous dark pink) and the jasmine truffle were my favoritesNext we headed Quartier 206, a department store, to check out some of Berlin's fashionsThe bright neons in the window of Moschino really caught my attention - as did that incredible leather jacketI couldn't resist snapping a pic of Berlin's selection of Ladurée candles and perfumes These gorgeous pink booties are from Stephanel - where my friend Anna got a pair of gorgeous hot pink heels for our first night out on the town in Berlin. Ugh, I wish I picked up a pair of these while I was there!I was really fascinated by the graffiti throughout Berlin - it was so beautiful and certainly a form of art in itselfProbably my favorite place in all of Berlin was the East Side Gallery, a collection of 105 paintings on a stretch of the Berlin Wall This was my favorite painting from the East Side Gallery for its vivid color and detailWhy yes of course I took a photo in front of one of these exquisite pieces! Another sight close to us was this incredible tribute to murdered Jews of Europe near Potsdamer PlatzWe also made our way out to see the Berlin Wall Memorial - another overwhelming and enlightening experience. I am the only one who forgot sunglasses that day so I am literally blinded by the light ... unfortunately, this is the only photo of the four of us together   Two of my London flatmates Elaine and Anna (notice her hot pink shoes!) pose with me before we head off to Felix for a night of dancing on elevated surfaces until the wee hours of the morning 
Title: from "Berlin" (Lou Reed)