Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

My Sunshine Coast - Part 1
When I saw Tourism QLD’s campaign asking for bloggers to talk about how they would boost their Vitamin Me levels with a trip to QLD, it made me think about about how lucky I am to be be spoiled by my little region of Qld every single day.
Although QLD and the Sunshine Coast have SO many places you could easily replenish your ‘Vitamin Me’ levels, I’m going to stick to my little pocket of the woods and tell you about 3 suburbs I spend 99% of my time going between. It’s my own local piece of paradise which I am lucky enough to enjoy every single day and I'm more than happy to share with you exactly how I enjoy it.

If your ever in my neighborhood, this is what you might find me doing...
Starting from the top (north), let me tell you about Cotton Tree...Images clockwise: Designer Johsi of coolbabycool at the Cotton Tree Markets, eating sticky date pudding in a teacup at The Silver Spoon Tea Emorium, Camping along side the river at the Cotton Tree Caravan Park.


Not only does the name sound like something out of a fairytale, Cotton Tree would have to be one of the most beautiful and relaxed places on the Sunshine Coast.

Situated on the corner of the beautiful Maroochy River and Maroochydore Beach, Cotton Tree isn’t as well known as it's famous Noosa and Mooloolaba neighbours, but is definitely one of the Sunshine Coasts must visit destinations.

Last September we actually booked into the Cotton Tree Caravan Park for 2 weeks (which is actually only 15 minutes from where we live in Buddina) however we wanted to immerse ourselves into the laid back Cotton Tree lifestyle for some relaxation and a change of scenery.

My Cotton Tree recommendations...
Shopping – Alterior Motiff - Stocking labels such as Lover, Maurie & Eve, Bec & Bridge, Lilya and plenty more, you certainly won't need to deny yourself of any retail therapy while visiting Cotton Tree.
Art – Artist and blogger Mandy Shadforth (Oracle Fox) has a studio here.❤ Cotton Tree Markets – You’ll find jewelery designer – Johsi of cool baby cool here every market day along with an assortment of stalls selling clothing, crafty nick knacks and fresh produce.
Cafes – My favourite places to eat are Envy, Raw Energy, The Silver Spoon and The Beach Street Deli.
Restaurants - For Thai I love Phon's Thai, Spanish Food Ba Vigo, and for a night out that's a bit special, Ebb Waterfront Fine Dining and Wine Cellar on Duporth Avenue is divine.
Excercise - (other than anything and everything outdoors) There are heated pools at Cotton Tree Aquatic Centre situated right next to the river.

MooloolabaClockwise: Mooloolaba Beach, Envy Cafee Mooloolaba, Picnic dinner on grass at Mooloolaba Beach.

Mooloolaba's stunning north facing beach curves around the Esplanade and its grassy parkland. While you can simply relax and swim at the beach (which we mostly do) you can also enjoy the huge assortment of  restaurants, cafes and boutique shopping.

After we spend a few hours swimming and soaking up the sun, find a spot the grass and relax into the night. We bring our own picnic blanket, candles and cutlery,  order take away Thai or Pizza, and unwind after a fantastic day.

Mooloolaba Recommendations
Coffee – The Good Bean Expresso Bar (on the Southern end of the Esplanade near the Mooloolaba Surf Club) ❤ Thai Food – Thai Seasons❤ Café Food – Envy (Followed by Nude Deli Cafe)
Pizza (Takeaway) – Crust Gourmet Pizza
Pizza/Italian Restaurants – Bella Venezia

Buddina (Point Cartwright) - My side of town...Michael and I spending a lazy afternoon by the Mooloolaba RiverViews from my morning walk
This is where I live and it’s one of the best kept secrets on the Sunshine Coast. There isn’t a lot of holiday accommodation here as it’s mainly a residential area. Sneakily tucked away off the Sunshine Coast Motorway and behind Kawana Shopping Centre, if your not a local or familiar with the area you would have no idea it’s there.

The beach side of Buddina and the Point Cartwright Peninsular has the Mooloolah river on one side and beach on the other. My daily exercise routine consists of walking along the beach side, up and over the Point Cartwright Headland and then down along the river. I’ve been doing this for years and the views right along the way still take my breath away.

Other than swimming and surfing on the beach side of Point Cartwright, we love spending lazy afternoons in the park along side the river. We take our picnic blanket, pillows, cheese platter, wine, a good book and relax while watching the sun go down. It's pure heaven. If we feel like a coffee or meal out, our local cafe is One On LaBalsa. With amazing food, coffee and the friendliest staff, it's the perfect place to have breaky after a morning surf, or enjoy a lazy lunch looking over the river. Sometimes when I go for my walk in the morning I'll sneak in a coffee at One On LaBalsa on the way.

So that’s how I boost my Vitamin Me levels by living in QLD. There are so many more fabulous places to visit on the Sunshine Coast which I can't wait to share with you so stay tuned!If your have any fabulous Sunshine Coast tips or suggestions of your own, please leave a comment and share!