Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

focus on the lips
I'm not much of a lipstick person..it never became part of my routine so it still feels like I'm pretending to be someone else (possibly my mother, who wears it beautifully) when I try it on. That and the maintenance seems so taxing. If I'm going to have to worry about something superficial falling apart on me on the go I'd rather have it be my pretentious Halfshirttuck. But Lancôme sent me a few of their new Rouge in Love colors to try and they're not so much the LIPSTICK I've constructed in my mind as a hybrid sort of deal that you don't have to give a second thought..they go on smoothly and actually fade to a pretty stain instead of becoming something to be dealt with. My favorite from the three is "Corail in Love", which I'm wearing here. Thumbs up. I matched it up to my nail polish (American Apparel Rose Bowl)  because I could. The dress is by Maurie and Eve, whose spring collection is my downfall. Rose gold collar! Into.