Fashion Time   +  The Great Gatsby

How To: Get the Daisy Buchanan Look
Is it any wonder that I adore Daisy Buchanan? She is the equal parts glam, flighty and tragic that interests me immensely. I am so excited to see how Carey Mulligan, one of my favorite modern day actresses, tackles the role. With the release date of Buz Luhrmann's adaptation of The Great Gatsby not until December (!) I have to satisfy my Daisy desires with repeated viewings of the 1970s film, which is alright because I adore Mia Farrow, and stalking pictures of the Luhrmann film set.Mia Farrow as Daisy Carey Mulligan as Daisy
Since we don't all have access to Ashley Olsen's archive of flapper dresses, we girls who love Daisy have to look elsewhere to recreate her fab fashions. Unique Vintage is my favorite destination for flapper-inspired frocks and accessories. This site is perfect for a gal in search of that exact Daisy Buchanan look. But it requires a lot of dedication to rock the Daisy look on a daily basis. For more modern takes on the flapper style, I recommend this beaded number from New Look, this fringe embellished piece from Oasis, and this gorgeous layered pink dress from Very.

For authentic Gatsby goods, Etsy is a great destination for Art Deco shoes and accessories. This pouch from The Remedi is exactly the sort of girlish glam that Daisy would have loved.

This guide from the Art Deco Society of California is an invaluable resource for figuring out the fashions of Daisy's days. And if all else fails, stalk the heck out of set pictures like I do - you get glimpses of lustworthy Leo and even more lustworthy dresses!