Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

random questions with natasha poly

The first day I arrived in Cannes, I had the opportunity to interview one of my favorite models and L'oréal Paris' most recently signed brand ambassador, Natasha Poly. Unfortunately the hour I was supposed to have one on one with her became me asking her a few quick questions during hair and makeup! She was super sweet and accommodating nonetheless and all about the randomness of my questions. Enjoy! What is your favorite breakast? I love Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon..at the Park Hyatt in Paris they have the best one. When I'm there I have to have that every morning. The beauty item that you couldn't live without? I could not live without my hair conditioner. It's kind of weird but I can't stand my hair when I can't brush it out. I really like the Crystal Shine one from L'oreal. The most surprisingly beautiful place that you've been to? Around my hometown in Russia, by the Ural Mountains, we have a lot of beautiful forests and rivers. I always forget how beautiful it is until I go back home to visit. Have you ever done a photo shoot around there? I've shot in my city, Perm, but never by the mountains. That could be a cool idea. How often do you get approached on the street? It depends on where I am. It happens more in New York than it does in Paris, but it's not something that happens every day. How would your friends describe your personality? I hope that they would describe me as an honest and kind person and that they also would consider me to be a good friend. Do your friends have any random nicknames for you? Just simple ones, like Nat or Poly. What do you usually buy at the grocery store? I always buy tomatoes, cucumbers, and spring onions to make my favorite salad. And some fruits as well. Any particular fruit? Any fruit. I love any fruit. Even melon? Oh melon I love. Current daytime bag and evening bag? I have a Givenchy I really like that I got as a present from Ricardo. The shape is classic and it fits a ton. I go back and forth from big bags to small bags and right now I'm in a big bag phase. It's so much easier when you can take a lot of stuff in the plane! My favorite small bag is Alexander McQueen's knuckle clutch. Do you have any style tips for the airport? Comfort is number one. If you can try to make it cool, that's number two. The other day I was flying in a long black dress, which was really warm and comfortable. I think it's important to travel with a little style. I'm not a person who is going to be caught in velvet running pants with sparkles! How often do you wear high heels on your days off? If I go somewhere for dinner I will, but not during the day. What are your thoughts on Los Angeles? I never spent that much time there, always only one to three days. It's usually a lot of time in the car but the weather, the restaurants, and the setting are amazing. Also the people are really cool. I love how everybody takes care of themselves there. What are the biggest misconception about models? That they don't eat! Lately there have been a lot of questions about this and I'm like, "why is everybody talking about this again?" Also, that they think they are really beautiful.