Fashion Time   +  Rolling Stones

been around for a long, long year, stole many a mans soul and faith
I will resist making a joke about "what a drag it is getting old" (mainly because I made one last year) and just tell you that today is Mick Jagger's 69th birthday. Here's hoping that this year's festivities are as fantastic as in the above image, where Mick is seen (there's actual a video here) celebrating his 29th birthday onstage in NYC.
According to my mom - who was at this concert (I know, I'm insanely jealous too) - Mick's birthday celebration was insane. This is what she told me: "He dumped incense from the ceiling on everyone, threw cake at the audience, shot champagne at the audience, and slammed Stevie Wonder in the face with cake. It was so much fun! ... Except for the incense in my nose and mouth." HOW AMAZING DOES THAT SOUND?
Okay, so nothing that I do will ever live up to how my mom got to celebrate with Mick on his big day - but I still want to do something. I guess I will just have to follow the lead of what Taylor Swift and crew did for Shirley MacLaine's big day and party it up in honor of Mick.

To get the celebration going, here are a few of my favorite Mick posts that I've done in the past:
  • Mick Jagger, through the years
  • kiss me 'til you're drunk and i'll show you all the moves like jagger, i've got the moves like jagger
  • The Most Epic Couples in Music History
  • all of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars, all of us do time in the gutters, dreamers turn to look at the cars
What would you want to do to celebrate Mick's big day?
Title: from "Sympathy for the Devil" (The Rolling Stones)