Fashion Time   +  yé-yé

yeah, they were all yellow
There's a fashion myth out there that blondes can't wear yellow. I grew up believing this, and consequently hated the color for years because of it (I'm a very petty person, you see). It wasn't until I got a yellow tea dress from Topshop earlier this year that I realized blondes actually look great in yellow. Amazing. Fantastic. I was a bit in love with my reflection, to be honest. I think yellow is a real summer color; it reminds me of the sun and warmth. Since summer is coming to an end, fall fashion (meaning a carte blanche to wear as much black and as many layers as I can!) is right around the corner. I say we wear yellow as much as we can -- after all, we won't have a proper chance again until next year.  Brigitte Bardot can do no wrongPaul and Linda McCartney chose yellow on their wedding dayFrench New Wave actress and pop singer Chantal Goya in several different huesDebbie Harry is a true 'Blondie' with yellow hair and yellow clothesAnn-Margret and Elvis are kind of the ultimate duo in Viva Las VegasEva Mendes loves yellow. I love Eva Mendes. Therefore, I love yellow. Fifties icons Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth TaylorYé-yé singer France Gall even wore her signature knee socks in yellow Like mother, like daughter - Goldie Hawn and Kate Hudson both wear yellowWhip It! girls Drew Barrymore and Ellen PageShe may have been 'too pure for pink,' but Olivia Newton John's Sandy was perfect for yellow in GreaseJane Fonda looking amazing, as per usualFrançoise Hardy is always ridiculously coolJean Shrimpton models a variety of stylesAlways Marianne Faithfull. AlwaysI'm pretty sure the photo of Mischa Barton second to the right is of her when she was like 17 or 18 years old, and even though I'm a few years older than that, I've never looked that coolModels (top row) Lauren Hutton and Marisa Berenson, Brooke Shields, Anjelica Huston, (bottom row) Peggy Moffitt, Penelope Tree, Nastassja KinskiNatalie Wood always looked beautiful, in yellow or otherwiseModern-day stylish folks Isabel Lucas, Zhang Ziyi, Emma Watson, Carey Mulligan, Nicole Richie, Kate Moss and Susie LauRita Hayworth, with red hair and yellow clothesWhether a bombshell or a flower child, Sharon Tate always looked beautifulShelley Duvall's character in Robert Altman's film 3 Women really loved yellowSonny and Cher, killin' itThe variety of yellow clothes Twiggy modeled complimented her blonde hair It's not a DRG style list without a bit of Veruschka Britt Ekland masters that whole doe-eyed innocent-but-extremely-sexy thing Michelle Williams at the 2006 Oscars is one of my all-time favorite looks everJan Smithers, Belle de Jour's Catherine Deneuve, Mia Farrow getting a trim from Vidal Sassoon, Sylvie Vartan, Bebe Buell, That Girl's Marlo Thomas, Mireille Darc from Godard's Week End and Cynthia Lennon
Title: from "Yellow" (Coldplay)