Fashion Time   +  Reviews

CURRENT OCTOBER 2012 FAVOURITES
Mood [Blah]
Currently Playing [None]

Welcome to my first "Favourites" post! I'm thinking about creating these mini posts for my current favourites from now on because I have realized that sometimes writing a full review just take too long. Then as a result of my procrastination, a lot of items end up NOT getting reviewed. Thus, it's not really fair to those items. Plus, it also saves you the time from reading lengthy reviews. So I've decided to do, possibly monthly, favourites posts. That way the posts will be shorter and yet, I can still tell you all of the items that I've been loving for the current month. So without further ado, here are my current favourite items:
Almay Smart Shade Anti-Aging Makeup Base: Light/Medium
I had received this from a friend for my birthday 2 weeks ago and I've been using this religiously ever since! The texture of this foundation is very, very similar to the L'oreal BB Cream that I had reviewed here. It's one of those foundation that comes out white and then adjusts to your skin colour. Remember the only complaint that I had about the L'oreal one was that there wasn't enough coverage? Well, this Almay one TOTALLY SOLVES this problem! It glides on my face like butter, blends so smoothly and has amazing coverage! (Take a look at the photo below!) I thank my friend so much for introducing this product into my life! :) Definitely worth the $13-$16 price tag!

Lancome Tonique Pure Focus Oil Control Mattifying Toner
I had purchased this at the L'oreal Warehouse Sale in Toronto a few weeks ago for only $15. Once again, another product that I've been using regularly. Now that I'm off of my acne medication, my face has started to become oily again. **GROSS** So I thought I would give this toner a try! I really do think that this mattifies my face very well without over drying it. Now it doesn't completely gets rid of all my oil, but it does control it for a few more extra hours. It's no miracle water, but I'd say it does what it says it does pretty well for just a toner. I'd definitely buy again even if the full price is $30 CAD.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15: Sugar clear in brown case
I got this from Sephora during my birthday two weeks ago. As you all know, it's the beauty insider gift for 2012. I actually really like this. It does have a very heavy lemon-sugar kinda scent to it, which can be really irritating for some people. However, I find it to be very tolerable. It tastes really "sweet" as well, just like sugar! :) Plus, I find it really moisturizing and perfect for the winter time. However, not sure if I'm willing to pay $25 CAD for the full size item though.

Garnier 2 in 1 Tinted Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller: Light
I think this is my favorite item this month! Since I've been working a full time job and 3 other part time jobs on the side, it's been a toll on my eyes! I'm starting to look more and more like a panda! :( I love how this product is like a 2 in 1: it moisturizing eye cream & a cooling roller ball: refreshes and hydrates tired-looking eyes and it has mineral enriched pigments it instantly covers dark circles. SCORE! The product does come out very watery but it's very easy to blend. Since the colour is very light, it brings a lot of light into the under eye area. Therefore, it'll make your eyes appear brighter. It has the same effect as adding white eyeshadow at the tear ducts. Plus, I couldn't be happier when I got this at the L'oreal Warehouse Sale for a mere $5! :)