Fashion Time   +  urban decay

OCTOBER 2012 BEAUTY FAVOURITES: URBAN DECAY, L'OREAL, MARIO BADESCU, NIVEA
Mood [Bored]
Currently Playing [Taylor Swift - Speak Now]

Hi lovelies ~
Can you believe how fast the month of October went by? I can't believe we are already in the last 2 months of 2012! Honestly, I remember the year 2000 like it was just yesterday! Anyways, as previously promised here, I'm going to start doing Monthly Beauty Favourites. (I'm also debating if I should do Monthly Fashion Favourites as well...let me know in the comment section if you would like to read those as well!) So without further ado, here are my October 2012 Beauty Favourites!
Nivea Express Eye Makeup Remover
This has been my HG eye makeup remover in the past month! For those who have been following me for some time knows that I'm a huge fan of these double layer eye makeup removers. I love the Biore Pink Makeup Remover for Eyes & Lips for the past 2 years! However, since it's not available in Canada, it's mighty expensive to buy it online. I've been looking for an alternative ever since and honestly, other than the one from Bobbi Brown, nothing else compares! And of course the Bobbi Brown one is still too expensive! (I got through a bottle of eye makeup remover in a month). However, my prayers have been answered!! This one by Nivea (make sure it's the one with 2 layers of mixture because all the other Nivea eye makeup removers SUCK!) not only removes my makeup without too much hassle but it's also within my budget, around $8 at Walmart. It's gentle yet removes all my stubborn mascaras! Even the very strong and infamous Majolica Majorca mascara! I highly recommend this!

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
I don't know what's up with my skin lately, but I've been BREAKING out like crazy! I think my skin is slowly trying to cope with the new weather and also because I've stopped taking my acne medication. So I have been using this Mario Badescu Drying Lotion on a daily basis. While it takes more time with the larger pimples but with the smaller zips, this is able to shrink it overnight! I'm not kidding, OVER NIGHT! This is a mixture that you'll have to use overnight. Before bed, after cleansing, toning and moisturizing apply a dab of lotion directly on the whitehead using a cotton swab. Do not rub in. Let it dry and rinse off in the morning. DO NOT shake the bottle and apply only the pink sediment on the skin.
Formulated with salicylic acid, calamine and other quick-drying ingredients, this product will shrink ugly whiteheads virtually overnight while you sleep. While other acne spot treatments can irritate and dry delicate or sensitive skin, this product is safe and effective for all skin types.

The downside is that I don't know any stores in Toronto where you can purchase this from, so I have to purchase mine online. You can get it here.

Urban Decay Super Curl Curling Mascara
My favourite mascara this month! This is only a sample size that came with my Book of Shadows but I'm very tempted to get the full size version. It's quite amazing at holding onto my curls! I have straight and flat Asian lashes and to my surprise, this mascara is good at keeping them curled. I love the formula, which doesn't smudge and it's very easy to get off.

L'oreal Paris Colour Radiance Precious Oils
Thank you L'oreal for letting me try these new Precious Oils. (I got them at this L'oreal Paris event in Toronto). I've been using this Colour Radiance one religiously ever since! It is the 1st universal treatment for your hair enriched with a rare blend of 6 precious flower oils. It can be used before shampoo as a mask, before styling or as an extraordinary finishing touch. It nourishes hair and protects colour, brilliantly shines and amazingly softens. Overall, sublime colour care for a luminous finish. You can purchase this from your local drugstores.

L'oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold- Travel Size
I also got this at the L'oreal Paris event in Toronto back in September. I've always been a huge fan of the Elnett, but this Satin Extra Hold travel size version is perfect for my purse. It's the legendary hairspray of choice for red carpet events and cover photo shoots. That's because Elnett Satin Haispray instantly gets your hair ready for the spotlight. Its micro diffuser sprays ultra-fine and disappears at the stroke of a brush, offering strong, clean hold with a dazzling star-worthy shine and a soft. I use this hair spray on my bangs to keep them in place. This travel size also makes it easy for me to touch up my hair during the day. You can get yours from here.