Fashion Time   +  Reviews

DECEMBER 2012 BEAUTY FAVOURITES: CANDY DOLL, LANCOME, L'OREAL, ROYAL & LANGNICKEL
Mood [Cold]
Currently Playing [Bob Marley - One Love]
Hey everyone! So I'm here to do my beauty favourites for the month of December. Sorry that I had missed my November favorites and it was because A) I was super busy and B) I didn't really tried any new products. So anyways, here are my December Beauty Favourites and the last one for the year 2012.
Candy Doll Blush in Strawberry Pink & Highlighter in Marshmallow Purple
Here is my short review on Tsubasa Masuwaka Candy Doll Cheek Color in Strawberry Pink and the highlighter in Marshmallow Purple. Who can ever resist Tsubasa Masuwaka's products? Such cute packaging and great quality! I've had these Candy Doll products for a really long time and I rediscovered them in the past month. I'm especially loving these two combos together.
Both of the pans are rather small for their price, considering that they can range from $12-$20 CAD depending on where you purchase it. However, both products are extremely pigmented. Strawberry pink is an intense shade of bright pink. It is definitely very girly and "pop" looking. It's really rare to find a colour so intense, so I'm really loving this. When applied on your cheeks, its actually a really light pink color. This color goes well on any shade of skin, light or dark.
I am also in LOVE with the Marshmallow Purple highlighter. Use it alone on the cheek bones to highlight and create the translucent glow or blend it with CandyDoll Strawberry Pink to achieve the Sweet Dolly Look. It has a really natural glow when the light hits it and I'm very happy with how fine the powder is.
The product itself is less than 2 inches in diameter. Do you see what I mean by the pigmentation? It's very vibrant even with just a single swipe of the finger. (You can purchase both of these items here)
Lancome 'Ageless Minerale' Mineral Powder Set (Limited Edition)
Experience the ultimate mineral complexion perfection. Introducing the Ageless Minerale Limited Edition Collection. I had purchased this set back in October during the L'oreal Warehouse Sale in Toronto fr only $30. I'm in the shade Natural Ivory and the color is a decent match to my skin. My face has been breaking out terribly in the recent months so I've decided to switch my foundation routines to mineral powders instead. After switching to mineral powder, I have noticed improvements in my skin complexion. Mineral makeup is more suitable for people with acne prone skin because it allows your skin to breathe a bit more. Of course the coverage is not as good as regular liquid foundation but I'm willing to give that up for better complexion.

Like most mineral sets, this Lancome one comes with 3 different pans. It includes two flawless shades of Skin-Transforming Mineral Powder Foundation (0.12 oz.), one translucent shade of Perfecting and Setting Mineral Powder (0.1 oz.), mineral powder foundation brush (purchase here) and an instructional brochure. I really like the corrector and the setting powder. I've realized that I have become less oily after using this specific setting powder. When I'm done using this set, I'll definitely need some new suggestions for mineral makeup brands. (Purchase here & here)
LOréal Paris Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer
L'Oréal Paris Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer gives a uniform skin tone. All women can harness the power of these primers to create the illusion of a flawless complexion. It’s just a matter of obeying the laws of complementary colours! To neutralise a shade simply apply its complementary shade. So this product comes out green in order to neutralize the redness in our skin. The green tinted primer reduces the appearance of red, giving the skin a more even tone. I've been obsessing over primers and correctors in the past month just because my skin have gotten a lot worst. And I've noticed that it's much easier to conceal and nasty red pimple when I first apply a green primer on it prior to foundation. This little thing had been my life-saver in the past month! (Purchase here)
Royal & Langnickel BGL-4 Silk Greenline Smudger
I had received this Greenline brush set 2 years ago at IMATS Toronto and hadn't really explored these brushes until recently. (Yeah, I'm a person of habit so I usually don't switch out my brushes unless I have to) I'm really glad that I did because I'm so in love with this smudger. It's much better than the usual one that I have, which is the Sigma E40 Tapered Blending, because it's more suitable for girls with smaller crease and smaller eyes like me. I find that this smaller blending brush is softer and it fits much better on my eye than the Sigma one. Thus, I'll be sticking with this one from now on.
Intimately BECKHAM for Her
I initially tried this fragrance 2 yrs ago as a sample and liked it so much I went out and bought a bottle. It's extremely affordable by the way! At first I was embarrassed to admit that I liked & wore Posh Spice's fragrance (I hate to admit that I'm a fan of celebrity fragrances, I love Avril's Black Star and Britney's Curious) but now I don't care and am very happy to recommend it. I'm very picky when it comes to my perfumes/scents, so to find a fragrance that I like, it's extremely rare. Fragrance Notes: rose, bergamot, vanilla, orange blossom, musk, casablanca lily, sandalwood, tuberose. (Purchase here)