Fashion Time   +  fashion icon

i still don’t know what i was waiting for, and my time was running wild
Today is David Bowie's 66th birthday and to celebrate his fans are getting a marvelous gift in the form of a new single off of his yet-to-be-released album The Next Day. The song is called "Where Are We Now?" and it's fab, I really loved it -- it's not the classic glammy rock that some Bowie fans might expect, but is a more somber contemplative song that is equally as enjoyable. I might be a bit biased though, because I just worship Bowie. He's been in my life for quite a long time. I was raised on his music, watched Labyrinth with such frequency that it really worried my parents, and ever since I was a little girl, he has been my beauty icon. His look is (and always has been) exquisite. I really connected with his whole glam rock extraterrestrial persona, for some odd reason it made me feel less alone to know that there was someone else as out-of-this-stratosphere as I felt I was. I recently received a copy of David Bowie Style by Danny Lewis and I cannot recommend it highly enough for anyone who wants easy access to some inspiration from the man who fell to earth. Title: from "Changes" (David Bowie)