Fashion Time   +  Maureen Starkey

Inspired By ... Maureen Starkey's Coat
Of all the Beatle gals, I admire the style of Maureen Starkey-Tigrett the most. While the English Rose sophistication of Jane Asher and Cynthia Lennon is always lovely, and I appreciate how Yoko mastered her artistic minimalist chic, and I do adore how Pattie Boyd was always so on-trend and could rock a style better than anyone, I just LOVE the badassery of Mo's fashion sense. She always dressed incredibly edgy, yet somehow she never looked out of place in the company of flower children. I find myself going back time and again to draw inspiration -- her kohl-rimmed eyes, heavy fringe and long hair, her penchant for dark colors, draped layered clothes, and large statement jewelry. In my opinion, she's one of the most underrated fashion icons of the sixties and seventies. I love how she and Ringo would sometimes coordinate their outfits -- not so that they looked like a matching set, but were definitely a pair. At times whimsical, at other times weird, but always stylish and amazing -- there's a reason they are one of the best-dressed couples of all time.
I've mentioned this UNIF Bridget coat on the site before, but I had to mention it again because 1) it looks stunningly like the coat Mo was spotted on several occasions wearing, 2) it's the most wonderful coat in the world. It's deliciously soft, it's vegan, it's the most perfect retro design and I will take any and every chance to recommend it.