Fashion Time   +  sponsors

L'OREAL PARIS PREFERENCE WILD OMBRE HAIR DYE REVIEW
Mood [Full]
Currently Playing [None]
The ombré hair trend is not fading away anytime soon! I, for one, am super happy about that because this means I don't have to change my hair colour any time soon ;) Not only are A-listers like Gisele Bundchen, Drew Barrymore and Jessica Alba rocking the gradated trend, but brands are slowly making products to help the everyday girl (or boy) to achieve this look at the comfort of her home. The first brand to follow this trend, is of course, none other than L'Oreal Paris! The L'Oréal Paris Féria Wild Ombré kit can be purchased at your local drugstore for around $13 CAD.
The collection consists of three shades that work with natural or color-treated hair: 080 for light to medium blonde hair, 070 for dark blondes to light brown or strawberry red hair, and 060 for medium to dark brown or auburn hair. L'Oreal Paris sent me the 060 since I do have medium dark hair. Please keep in note that this kit does consist of bleach and lightening cream, so if you want to avoid using bleach on your hair then this kit is not for you.
What is really unique about this kit is that it comes with a comb that makes it super easy to use the dye onto your hair. The tiny teeth that helps hold and distribute the hair color evenly. I do find that this brush is especially helpful because it not only puts the dye into my hair but it combs and detangles it in the process. The last thing you want is uneven hair when you're using bleach. L’Oréal Paris Global Consulting Hair Colorist Christophe Robin gives this suggestion for using this hair dye:

"To get the best results, you're going to want to first detangle your hair so there are zero knots, part it down the middle from your hairline to the nape of your neck, and then push both sides forward. Next, take the thin patented brush we created, with tiny teeth that helps hold and distribute the hair color evenly, and apply the product (that you just squeezed onto it) vertically for a more subtle effect or horizontally for a more intense look, since you cover more hair that way"
These is the instruction that comes with the kit. It's pretty straight forward and it's pretty much the same as what Robin has suggested. I went for the bold ombre look instead of the subtle one. And here is the before and after photos:Pretty great huh? I would highly suggest that you get someone to do it for you. I did it myself, thus, not too perfect but it's alright because the colour will probably fade with a few washes. Now, I didn't leave the dye for over 20 minutes, I think I left it for around 15 and I noticed that my hair was already very light. So I washed it out instantly in fear that it's going to get too light. I did have a hard time keeping my hair detangled, so I would suggest keeping a wide-tooth comb close to you.

As for is it damaging for the hair because it's bleach, well, I would be lying if I said that it's not. But if you read my post here about how to combat dry hair, then it's quite okay for me. Overall, I'm super pleased with this hair dye and I will highly recommend this if you want to try ombre hair but do not want to spend money at the salon. But take my advice, bring a friend or boyfriend with you to lend you their eyes for the back of your head.

RATING
Product (5/5)
Cost (4/5)
Ease of Use (4/5)
Packaging (5/5)