Fashion Time   +  urban decay

[FASHION MAGAZINE] - BEAUTY PANEL #5: 90's MAKEUP TREND
Mood [Stressed]
Currently Playing [Alicia Keys - Girl on Fire]

As some of you have already noticed, yes I have a new banner! Everything is still work progress because it's not 100% just yet! So please bear with me while I change some things around! I've been working hard to rebrand this blog. (And have been working hard in the "real" world as well, which explains the lack of updates...) But anyways, here is this week's Beauty Panel challenge for Fashion Magazine. This week's challenge is to incorporate the trends in the 1990's into our makeup or hair routine! Keep scrolling down to find out how I tackled this challenge!
One of the first makeup items that I kindly "borrowed" from my mother was a lipliner. I blamed this on the heavy lipliner trend while I was growing up in the late 90's. I would not forget seeing Victoria Beckham (nee Adams) from the Spice Girls sporting bare lips with a dark lipliner and I thought to myself, I would give anything to look like Posh. To me, she embodied everything that was the 90's: sultry, dark, and with a touch of playfulness. The makeup in the 90's were emphasized on the lips with very minimal attention to the eyes and to the cheeks. Thus, I opted for a simple smokey eye (using only two colours from Urban Decay's Naked Palette: Hustle & Creep) and a bronzer just for contouring. Now that I'm a bit older than my 10 year old self, I often prefer to use a lip brush and a lipstick instead of using a lipliner. A tip for working with dark lip colours: you can warm up your dark lips by adding a red shade underneath.

Products Used:
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 150 Nude
Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express Mascara in Black
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 01
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 15
N.Y.C Bronzer in Sunny
Red Cherry 100% human hair lashes c/o Nail Polish Canada in #46
SILK Green Line Li pGL-12 brush c/o Royal & Langnickel


PS, don't forget to enter my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette giveaway, follow the link on the side bar!