Fashion Time   +  Tutorial

[FASHION MAGAZINE] - BEAUTY PANEL #6: FOOLPROOF TRICK FOR APPLYING FALSE LASHES
Mood [Sleepy]
Currenly Playing [None]
If your eyes are the windows to your soul, then your eyelashes are definitely the draperies that enhances them. Unfortunately, I naturally have very short and stubby lashes that looks the same even with multiple coats of mascara. Thus, you can probably imagine how reliant I have become on my falsies over the years. Aside from my foundation, I cannot live without my false lashes. If it's your first time applying false lashes or if you are just a beginner, there are 4 simple suggestions that I can offer:
1) Invest in a good eyelash adhesive! I have tried quite my share of eyelash glues and I always end up going back to this one by Shu Uemura. It's the only one that I can rely on to not budge for the entire day. Yes, it's a bit pricey but I guarantee that you'll not regret it when your lashes stays in place for the whole day. Plus, a tube of this can last me for a long time. It applies white but dries clear.
2) After applying a layer of glue to your false lashes, make sure you wait for around 10 seconds for the glue to dry a little. This will make sure that the lashes will apply to your lid without any problems and it will cut down the time it'll take for the lashes to adhere to your lids. You can hold them with a small pair of tweezers to secure them.
3) While your glue is drying, you should bend your full set of lashes a little bit in order for it to fit nicely to the shape of your eye. (Refer to the photo) Sometimes I find that the bands of the lashes can become stiff over time. Therefore, bending them will loosen them a bit to ensure that the do not peel out during the day.
4) Lastly, though it's more time consuming, you can cut the falsies in half to create 2 pieces and then apply them separately. I like using a small pair of curved scissors for this because it allows you to cut closer to each strand of hair. This is a really neat trick for beginners because you'll have more control over where the pieces are being placed.

Products Used:
Shu Uemura Lash Adhesive
Tweezerman x Cynthia Rowley tweezers c/o NKPR
Small Curved Scissors


PS, don't forget to enter my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette giveaway, follow the link on the side bar!