Fashion Time   +  skin care

MARCH 2013 BEAUTY FAVOURITES: TRESEMME, DR MORITA, HAIR PRODUCTS
Mood [Tired]
Currently Playing [One Direction - Back for You]

It's been 3 months since my last favorites post! Sorry for that! Life has unexpectedly took over my blogging life in the recent months. (And not to mention that I've been a good girl in trying to save money so I've been restricting myself from buying anymore makeup) But now that most things are slowly coming together, I finally have time to do a little monthly favorites. Not much makeup related products this month, but more hair and skincare related products. Keep scrolling down to find out what's been on my hits list for the month of March.
TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray
I've always been a huge fan of Tresemme's hair products (not their shampoos/conditioners). More specially, their heat protectant because a) it really works and b) they are extremely affordable. So when I heard about their new line of products, called Keratin Smooth, I couldn't resist buying a bottle of the heat protection spray. I use this thing on a regular basis on my hair just before blow dry. It's very simple to use with the nozzle spray and with the $5 price-tag at Walmart, you can go crazy with the spraying! Haha! I'm joking. A decent amount thoroughly distributed through the hair is enough. When blow drying, make sure that the hair dryer is pointing downwards to aid the smoothness of your hair.

TRESemmé Leave-In Split End Conditioning Treatment
Another win for Tresemme! This is actually a new product that I discovered recently. It's a really simple leave-in conditioner that's supposed to help seals in the split ends. When I first pumped the product out, I quickly realized how thick it was because it was a cream texture. I feared that it would weight down my hair. However, once applied and dried, my hair was instantly smoothed and fizz-free! I'm not kidding, it really does seal in my split-ends leaving the tips of my hair very soft! They suggest that you use it on towel dried or damp hair but I do prefer to use it on my dry hair after styling. Just pump twice, rub the product around your hands and apply on hair concentrating on the ends. That way it is added frizz control and conditioning throughout the day.
Soft Bendy Hair Rollers Foam Curlers (No Heat Required)
I had these for a few years now, but recently rediscovered my love for them. Since my ombre has become more apparent after lightening it, I started curling my hair on a regular basis. (Something about curly hair just make ombre looks so much better) I wake up super early in the morning now, thanks to my job, so I can easily use these after a shower and have enough time for it to work. I find that leaving it in my hair for an hour to an hour and a half is sufficient to make my hair curly. Now, you'll not get defined curls, but more like waves. If you don't have as much time in the morning, you can easily sleep with them on. If you want to know how to use them, click here. I purchased mine from a local dollar store, $1 for 1 pack = 4 pieces and I bought about 4 packs for my hair.
Dr. Morita Sakura Cleansing Oil
Another new discovery this month! Since I had finished my Origins Cleansing oil, I was in search of a new makeup remover for my face. When the Neutrogena one failed me, I came upon this one at my local T&T (a Taiwanese supermarket in Toronto/Vancouver). I was a little hesitate to try this because I was not familiar with the brand but I took a risk since it was a Taiwanese product (I've always loved Taiwanese skincare products) and was a decent price of $8. And I'm so glad I did! This thing works just as well as my Origin and Bobbi Brown cleansing oil without being too thick. I really dislike cleansing oils that are thick and this one is very light. Keep in mind that since it is made with sakura, it does have a huge sakura scent, which some people will not like. If you can read Chinese, this is the company's website with the information on the product.
Facial Puffs
Once again purchased from T&T, I'm so in love with these facial puffs. I used this for all my toners and makeup remover because not only are they soft on your skin, but a little bit of the product goes a long way. Yes, these are more expensive than your regular cotton balls or cotton pads (around $5-$7 for 180 pads but if they are on sale, then it's only $3!), but in the end, you are saving money on the product. I will not be replacing these anytime soon!
Cosmetic Wedges/Sponges
Finally, I've been obsessing over cosmetic wedges. I've actually abandoned all my foundation brushes and replaced them with these. Why? I'm not exactly sure but my skin has been changing. I find that I'm not as oily anymore and that I tend to get a lot of dry areas on my skin. And whenever I try to apply my foundation with brushes, it just emphasizes on those dry areas. The only thing that doesn't, are these sponges! They are so inexpensive and can be disposed of after a week's use. I got these once again at my local dollar store for $1 / bag. I would suggest looking for some that are latex-free and made in a "reputable" place. These ones are made in Canada.

PS, don't forget to enter my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette giveaway, follow the link on the side bar!