Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

Toss the Salad
I feel like most people usually perceive healthy salads (i.e. salads that are not drowning in ranch dressing) as boring and bland. Well that's not the case here, my friends. My favorite salads are ones with a lot going on- fruits, some kind of nut, and a hint of tartness in the dressing. Below are two of my favorite salad recipes I find myself returning to week after week...This quinoa and arugula salad with lemon vinaigrette takes five minutes to make and is so tasty and filling...Ingredients: Arugula, roasted hazelnuts, cranberries, quinoa, navel orange, lemon, olive oil, and mustard.lemon vinaigrette: 1 lemon1/2 navel orange1 tablespoon dijon mustarda dash of garlic powder1/2 teaspoon pepper1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 cup olive oilMy other favorite salad consists of artichoke hearts, fuji apple, cucumber, red onion, candied pecans, and shaved parmesan cheese (it tastes just as good without the cheese, trust me).I like to pan-fry the artichoke with a little olive oil, salt and pepper before adding to the salad. The dressing is just your standard balsamic vinaigrette:1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/2 teaspoon of honey or pure maple syrup1 tablespoon dijon mustard1/2 teaspoon pepper1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 cup olive oil I don't like too much dressing in my salad because I'm not about that life, but feel free to add as much as you'd like. These salads are so delicious and super easy to make. You can also substitute any of the ingredients: try pears instead of apples, wheat berries for quinoa, or you can even add some avocado. 
Hope you enjoyed this post!x