Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

Breakfast is Served
One of my favorite things in life is breakfast. Seriously, I love it so much that sometimes I think about what I'm going to eat the next morning when I should be sleeping. I feel like it's one of the only meals where it's truly acceptable to eat dessert. That being said, here are one of my favorite breakfast things to make: whole wheat banana cinnamon pancakes...(I promise I don't drench my pancakes in maple syrup, it was all for the photo)Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour ( I use Bob's Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour) 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda2 teaspoons baking powder1/4 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg1 3/4 cup almond milk2 egg whites (or chia egg replacer, apple sauce, etc)3 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)1 ripe banana diced
Toppings: 100% pure maple syrupstrawberriesblackberries banana candied pecans (if you want to get real crazy)
Directions: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add milk, egg whites, and maple syrup. Whisk together thoroughly until smooth. Fold in the diced banana into the batter.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Using a soup ladle, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet. Cook until bubbles appear then flip and cook for another couple minutes. Serve with maple syrup and fruit.
Hope you enjoy!