Fashion Time   +  sponsors

GLOSSYBOX CANADA APRIL 2013
Mood [Blessed]
Currently Playing [Ne-Yo - Beacause of You]
I'm sure many of you are already familiar with the concepts of monthly beauty boxes, thus, I don't have the pressing need to explain in detail the idea. But for those who are unfamiliar, basically GlossyBox Canada is a monthly subscription, where you pay around $21 a month to discover five deluxe-sized beauty products, hand-selected from fabulous brands. Of course, if you subscribe to them for a year, you'll get more discount. This is actually my first time experiencing these beauty boxes and I'm pretty content. (You can sign up here)
First of all, I really do enjoy the packaging. It's double wrapped in two separate boxes. And the box inside is also very hard and sturdy, which means that the products will not get damaged during the shipping process. It's also really good that the packaging is pretty enough that I'm willing to reuse it for storage.
When you open it up, this is what I see. This month's Glossybox's theme is Work That Beauty. The box was also curated by Canadian Olympic medalist, Tracy Little.
Here's the closeup shot of all the items inside the box. As you can see, they are all nicely and safely wrapped. Nothing can really move around in the box because of all the paper. It's definitely secure.
The first thing that caught my eyes is this Shick Hydro Silk Razor (because it is the biggest product) and all the coupons that are inside. The razor that gives back moisture and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth. It's dermatologist tested and full size. It arrives just in time for the Spring season, since I'll be bearing my legs more as the temperature gets warmer. A great shave is definitely essential for this time of the year. ($10.99 each)
The next product is this Epsom Salts in Soft Mint by Heartland Fragrances. First of all, the colour is really pretty! I'm a huge fan of minty-blues and this is just up my alley. This product will not only soften skin but it'll also relieve tired, achy muscles as well. There is no better feeling than getting into a warm salt bath after a long, hard day workouts. Especially now that I have started softball again. (30oz / $10.10)

I have never tried anything from Boscia before but I have only heard great things. This Recharging Night Moisture is a concentrated moisturizer that works overnight to repair, strengthens and improve skin's elasticity and firmness. It's preservative-free and dermatologist tested. This product is also full size. The product is very thick and thus, perfect for my current dry skin. (40ml / $44.00)
This Moisturizing Lip Blush by Jelly Pong Pong is something that is completely new to me. I have tried jumbo lipstick pencils before but not from this brand. Surprisingly, it's extremely pigmented and moisturizing. It's a lip stain that tints your lips with just the right amount of juicy colour and hydration. Free from sulfates, pthalates, triclosan, ammonia, alcohol and any animal by products. The fact that it's shaped like a pencil, makes it easy to apply and line up my lips. I'm hoping to carry this around with me on a regular basis and incorporate it into my spring wardrobes. (2.5g / $18.70)

An eyeliner by Pop Beauty Glitz Blitz in Wine Wink is a smudge-free, glitzy eyeliner that has the intensity of a liquid liner but the easy application of a pencil. It's waterproof and full-size. This is actually the product that I'm the most disappointed about because it's not easy to apply at all nor is it waterproof. I would definitely not pay full price for this product even though the idea of it is really good. (0.27g / $15.00)

Last but not least, I received a coupon for redeeming the new 0% Silhouette Greek Stirred yogurt contains no added sugar with 50 calories, while still offering all the goodness of a high protein Greek yogurt. This perfect snack, with its deliciously thick and creamy texture, is the perfect blend of pleasure and health. I actually really like Greek yogurt so I'm very happy about this.

Sign up for GlossyBox here!