Fashion Time   +  shopping

MY SHOPPING EXPERIENCE WITH BEYOND THE RACK: KATE SPADE
Mood [Impressed]
Currently Playing [None]
Today I'm going to be reviewing an online store that's pretty popular in Canada, Beyond the Rack (BTR). For those who are unfamiliar with this website, here's a description of its services. Beyond the Rack is a private shopping club for women and men who want designer brand apparel and accessories at prices up to 80% off retail. We obtain authentic designer merchandise and provide it exclusively to our members through limited-time events. Each event starts at a specific time and typically lasts only 48 hours. After each event ends the merchandise is no longer available. Members are notified by email in advance of each upcoming event according to their preferences. It's like a flash sale site but with higher name brand items. I remember seeing brands like LV, Chanel, Gucci, Balenciaga, Alexander Wang, Alexander McQueen and etc. (They do offer second hand items as well)

The sale changes daily and it's only for a limited amount of time. Due to the exclusive nature of the merchandise in our events, quantities are often limited and certain styles may only be available in a narrow range of sizes. To take advantage of the broadest possible selection, we recommend that you come to the events early (soon after they open) and shop quickly. To ensure that all members have an equal opportunity to get the items they want, we also limit the amount of time an item can stay in your shopping bag.

This is my second order with BTR and I'm pretty happy with the product. My main focus for shopping on BTR is usually for the purses. (I'm a sucker for a nice handbag) I've never had any problem with the authenticity of the bags because it is a very reliable and big company. I find that you really have to do your research first to find out what is the retail price of the items. This is so because I must admit that some of the discounts are not too great. For example, it'll only be like a $50 discount and then with shipping cost and tax, it's not that much of a difference.
This time I decided to purchase this Kate Spade Signature Spade Graffiti Small Coal Tote. One of the main reason why I decided to order is because they offered a free shipping code. I find that their shipping cost is pretty pricey, which you can see from the photo it's suppose to be $12. I guess I would never pay that much for shipping and BTR do not offer any free shipping over a certain amount. This is one of the main reason why I would not order there so I will always scout for a discount code whenever it's available. Or I would suggest ordering with a friend to spit the shipping cost.
So I placed my order on May 31 and it arrived on my door step with tracking on June 19. So roughly 2 weeks of shipping, which is not too long of a wait. Since tax is already charged and it's within border shopping, no extra custom costs are charged. When I opened my package, this is what I see first. It's filled with bubble wraps!
See? Even when I try to take out the bag, I can't seem to shake off all the bubble protections. It's a good thing because it ensures that the product is nice and safe.
And here it is! With the dust bag and everything! I always love bags with dust bags! I store all my purses in a closet, so these dust bags really make the biggest difference in keeping everything clean and neat. "She tucked her coral lipstick away and floated back to the party"
Beautiful, isn't it? I spent less than $300 (after taxes and shipping) for this bag, which I think it's a very good deal. The graffiti print is very neat and it's on both side of the bag. Even though it's a "small" tote, I would think that it's pretty roomy. I can store all the stuff in my bag and still have room. It can easily fit a binder as well, which is perfect for anyone who's in school or work.

Overall, Beyond the Rack is great! So don't miss out on some amazing discounts and click here to sign up for their exclusive deals!