Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

Holy Granola
If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would probably be granola. It's my all-time favorite snack. I've wanted to bake some from scratch for quite some time now because the gluten-free kind from Whole Foods wasn't cutting it anymore. I used two different recipes to make my own and it came out phenomenal (I love using that word whenever I can). It's chewy yet crispy and has a delicious sweet, roasted flavor... Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker and Martha Stewart:
Ingredients:3 cups gluten-free rolled oats1 cup raw pumpkin seeds1 cup raw sunflower seeds1 cup coconut shavings1 1/4 cup raw almonds1/4 dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)1/4 teaspoon salt1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon1/4 teaspoon nutmeg1/4 cup coconut oil1/2 cup raw honey2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions:Preheat oven to 340 degrees. Place oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, almonds, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. In a saucepan over medium low heat, warm coconut oil, honey and vanilla and pour over dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Spread granola mixture evenly on a baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake, tossing every 10 minutes, until granola is deep golden brown. Bake for about 25 minutes. Add dried fruit around the last 5 minutes of baking time. Allow granola to cool for at least one hour before eating. Store in an airtight container and enjoy with some almond milk or greek yogurt.
Also, I know you guys having been asking for a fitness post and I pinky promise I'm working on it!