Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

A Couple Days in Beijing
bj15I have to be honest, out of all of the cities we were visiting while in China, Beijing sounded the least exciting. I had heard stories about the poor air quality and how it was far less modernized than the Hong Kong and Shanghai. Well I was in for a big surprise because Beijing ended up being one of the most fun places I've ever visited. I suppose that had a lot to do with my wonderful travel companions- there wasn't ever a moment we weren't either engaged in deep conversations about communism and Peter Beard or laughing until we couldn't breathe. 
The second day in Beijing, we had a late lunch at Maison Boulud- a restaurant located in a beautiful building near the Tianamen Square...bj14bej10bj10bej31After lunch we took a trip to the Forbidden City...bj16bj19bj33bej32We had the best tour guide named Risa who told us so many stories about the freaky Emperor who resided here with his 3,000 concubines, all of whom were "married" to the emperor for life.bj20I wore a StyleNanda sweatshirt, AG white jeans, Alexander Wang sandals, and a Balenciaga clutch. bj17bj22bj25The following day we woke up extra-early and made a trip to the Great Wall of China, one of seven wonders of the world. In order to reach The Great Wall, we had to take a ski lift up the mountains...  bej1bej11bej7Wearing Citizens of Humanity jeans, Adidas, and Madewell denim jacket.
Afterward we went tobogganing down a twisty metal slide... it was so much fun. No one wanted to do it again with me though.bej30bj26More to come...xx