Fashion Time   +  make-up

[FASHION MAGAZINE] - BEAUTY PANEL #30: GRUNGE, PUNK, RIOT-INSPIRED MAKEUP
Mood [Rushed]
Currently Playing [None]
Studs, metals, spikes and leather are a few things that comes to mind when I think about the riot girl trend that's hitting up the Fashion runway for Fall. Rebellion is indeed in the air! The first makeup look that came to my mind instantly is Lily Collins' edgy style from Met Ball 2013. To me, her look resembles everything that's grunge. So I have decided that I'm going to try to recreate her look. (Original post on Fashion Magazine here)
This Lily Collins' look is all about the brow and the eyeliner. So after applying my foundation and concealer, I sculpted my brow using my favourite brow pencil to be as full as her beautiful brows. I also used a brow mousse to tame any stray hairs. Then I took a brown pencil eyeliner to extend the inner corner of my brows down to same level as my tear duct. (I would suggest sharpening your pencil liner in order to create sharper edges).

Then using the same liner, I started to make the side-way "V" shape at the top of my eyelids. Since I have a folded crease, I decided to apply the liner just above the fold so that it can be visible. I began at the inner corner of my eyes and worked my way to the outer corner. The key is to be patient and steady with your hands. If your pencil liner is not sharp enough, I would suggest using a liner brush. You can also have a photo of her makeup look in your hands to follow along. To finish the look off, I applied a nude lipstick in order to keep the emphasis on the eyes. And then you've completed your riot-inspired makeup look!
Products Used:
Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation
MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil
Tweezerman Brown Mousse
Rimmel Soft Kohl Pencil Liner in Chocolate
CoverGirl Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices
Essence Cherry Blossom Girl Highlighter Pen
Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee