Fashion Time   +  trend

Installed: Bad Romance

Hola loves. In case you missed it, I've started a spin-off blog called The Sewcialite. I'm documenting my journey for sewing novice to...at least a decent sewist. In order to challenge myself, I've decided to recreate looks based on Fall/Winter 2020's trends. I thought this would be a fun way to talk about the hottest trends of the season, without simply regurgitating information that I read somewhere else.

Fall/Winter 2020 Trends

Capes
Colorful Coats
Curved Lines
Graphic Black & White
Knit Beanies
Lace Details and Sheer Inserts
Menswear Fabrics
Patchwork
Plaid
Re-imagined Denim
Romantic Separates
Shades of Green
Winter White

Sources: Glamour.com, Style.com, and FashionBombDaily.com

Well...this will certainly keep me busy over the next few weeks.

Here's my first submission: Romantic Separates. This includes clothing with cute heart, lips, and other lovey-dovey prints.

The Right-Click Save

The Install

Wanna Right-Click Save?
Dress made by yours truly
Jimmy Choo shoes

I'm actually not in love with the heart-print fabric I used for this dress, but it was conveniently available in the nearby Hancock Fabrics store (and scored at a discount). So I went for it anyway. I may find some different fabric and try it again.

But I'm definitely going to love this challenge!

What Fall/Winter trends are you looking forward to rocking?