Fashion Time   +  What I Wore

What I Wore: 09.22.11

Howdy loves. My boyfriend and I had plans to hit the town tonight. But earlier, my aunt invited us over for dinner and we ate an insane amount of food. We're too stuffed to even move...but man, was it good!

I figure I can share pics from the other night since I'll be at home watching SNL.

Editor's note: I totally fell asleep at 10:30 last night before I published this post. And I saw not one second of SNL, either.

Like I mentioned in my last post, my boo and I host an event called RING|SIDE. It's essentially a battle of the sexes where we present divisive (but fun) topics and questions to both men and women in the hopes of giving everyone a better understanding of the opposite sex. Or walk away thinking, "Men/Women are cuh-razy!!!"

We call it RING|SIDE as a play on a fight/boxing match and wedding bands--catchy, huh?

We've been hosting these parties for the past 2 years and the event keeps growing and growing. They began as house parties we'd throw with friends. Then our friends told their friends and soon we had no room in the house for the crowd. So, for a little over a year now we've been throwing parties in various venues around the city.
We also recently started a Facebook group that has just exploded! We wanted to give people outside of Atlanta the opportunity to experience RING|SIDE as well, and everyone's loving it so far. Seeing all of our hard work starting to pay off little by little is so rewarding.
Speaking of hard work...on the night of the event, I'd been running around so much that I didn't even think of what to wear. I just chose a simple outfit--romper, wedges, arm party, done.

My honey (who makes a serious fashion statement by sticking pieces of paper into his hat) and me...

Right-Click Saved from RING|SIDE member Reginald Bailey Our event was held at Aurum Lounge in Atlanta on Thursday night. I absolutely love gold so this gilded lounge spoke to me...and said it rocked gold better than me (I'd have to agree). It rained that night, so I'm really appreciative of the people that drove in those conditions to come out with us!

One of RING|SIDE's sponsors is an amazing jewelry designer and her company--All Earz Jewelry--had an array of beautiful earrings, necklaces, and other baubles available for purchase during our event.

Here's the same necklace on actress Terri J. Vaughn.
One word: HAUTE

If you love what you see (I know you do), Michelle B. Stennett can be contacted here via Etsy. There are even more items available for purchase, and Michelle can create some custom fab for you if you wish!
We also revealed our signature cocktails--Gold Rush and Alchemy--that night. They are the reasons I'm glad I requested Friday off. Alexandra J. King did an incredible job as creator of these drinks. Changed my life!!
For event planning and perhaps your own signature cocktail, please contact Alexandra. An International Affair will take your event to the next level!

If any of my loves are interested in attending the next RING|SIDE event in Atlanta or want to be added to our Facebook group, please contact me. You'll have a great time either way!
Until next time!