Fashion Time   +  Vintage Halloween

Boo!...W A R N I N G spookiness lies ahead...

It's finally here! They day we've been waiting very impatiently for...especially since we started decorating for Fall and Halloween in August !

I'm sure if I asked you guys, who is your favorite witch of all time, your answer would likely be Samantha ...right? Who didn't love watching BeWitched when they were growing up?
I know I did!

This would have been my answer too, until last year while digging through a large box of antique photographs, I came across these beauties...

Antique CDV ; Three Sisters are We , circa 1898's

(From back to left, then front) Meet Hildegarde, age 72; Agatha, age 70; and Jessamine, age 66

Aren't the lovely? Finding this photo, started me on an obsession to seek out antique photographs with interesting subject matter. Not only do these look-a-like sisters offer a great subject, check out the antique spinning wheel rocking chair Agatha is sitting on!

In this lovely photograph, Agatha is holding a fan, a hankie and what looks like a writing instrument...or...is it a wand?

Another recent 'whats-it' find, led me to a little research as I just couldn't grasp what it was...it looked like a miniature wand.

I knew it had to be special and only guessed that the tips may in fact be real gold. Maybe this IS what Agatha is holding?

My research confirmed that this is a marked piece made by George Mabie , although it looks like a wand, it is in fact an early 'mechanical' pen. It's marked Mabies October 3, 1854 and made of Gutta Percha and 18 kt gold!

In case you can't get out this evening to visit your local cemetery for a lovely stroll...you can admire my miniature moss scape cemetery...

Poor old souls...cracks and chips, lost limbs and even lost heads!...that doesn't stop them from enjoying a peaceful nature walk through the lovely green flora!

1800's porcelain frozen dolls dug up from where the Porcelain Doll factory stood in Germany. Live Moss scape created on an antique copper pie plate; Old mans beard lichen collected from my woods...a miniature cast iron spooky fence section is shown in back.

...and a close up of my antique framed photograph that I got (for free!) at Antique in the Streets. She definitely has some serious 'creep' factor goin ' on, doesn't she?

Look closer at the front of her dress, below her brooch...

Do you see a Spooky Skeleton Face?

Happy Halloween!

PS Look for tomorrows BIG announcement!