Fashion Time   +  TIME

Golden Girl

Hey loves, happy hump day!
Ever been inspired by something completely random? I was chillin' at home the other day when I really took notice of the things I chose to adorn my abode with, and I noticed a few trends. I love rich colors: there's tons of red, burnt orange, and brown. There's also lots of gold everywhere! I especially love the look of distressed, old gold.
I've got this slight obsession with uniquely shaped bottles, and when I came across this ornate piece a few years ago I just had to have it.

I see this bottle all the time because it sits between my living room and kitchen, but a thought came to me as I looked at it on this particular day...

This crackled gold would look awesome on my nails!!

Note: No, I was not drunk at the time...a lil buzzed, maybe.
The next day, I picked up Sephora for OPI's Blasted Gold nail polish and hightailed it to my favorite nail salon. I suck at doing my own nails--seriously.
My nail technician--Tina--thought I was sick when I came in. "What?????? No french manicure for you today?!?!", she gasped. I triumphantly handed her my new polish and said, "I'm feeling dangerous!"
I chose one of my all time faves, OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark , as the base lacquer. As Tina applied the blasted gold to my nails, other women in the salon admired the look. I saw that greedy gold glint in their eyes...uh-uh, this polish is MINE ! I wasn't feeling all that benevolent that day (God's still working on me!).
And here's the finished product!

If life had a "Like" feature, I'd click it for this. Thanks to my funky, sparkly bottle for inspiring me to step outside of my comfort zone!

Have you ever been fashionably inspired by a random object to try something different?