Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

Bring it back

Low slung belting has been pretty tossed to the roadside since the post-Sienna backlash, but seeing it so gorgeously done on Louise inspired me to pull out my best light-as-air billowy vintage dress and give it a go again. Today was the perfect day to do so too, with almost 90 degree temperatures making it finally feel like summer might have officially arrived. This dress is pure love to me, though kind of awkward since it alllllmost looks like a nightgown. As my mother is always eager to point out. I think the belt serves to at least mitigate that effect though. And yup I ordered the Aldo heels in gray last week, I figure curved wooden mirrored heels that are this comfortable should be scooped up in all available colors, especially when on sale. I will note they seem more of a cement/eggshell/completely weird hue but I figure unidentifiable colors are more Marc Jacobs-y anyway.

PS completely made my day when I discovered that Louise reads my blog, I am honored to infinity. I recommend reading Geraldine of Cafe Mode's sweet interview with her immediately. And yes Louise you must start a blog, the fashion world is begging you!

Check out a vintage purple dress like hers that I'm having a rather hard time letting go here.

Dress and belt, vintage. Heels, Aldo.