Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

The doctor's in

So. The Doc Martens, yes? It seems there was much wonderment as to what I was going to wear them with, and I was admittedly perplexed upon receiving them. They're so..ugly. I mean in a cool way but still they're almost scarier than Uggs, and I will venture to say less flattering than the furry beasts too. But no matter! I was determined to figure out a way to wear them. Noting how unexplored this territory was, I went fleeing back to my favorites: floral, fringe, and light denim. I'll leave wild experimentation to another day.

Experiment #1 involved that infamous Kate for Topshop dress since my favorite vintage black floral was drying in the sun, and a secondhand jacket turned vest..thing. Sort of '90s grunge princess minus the tiara and glitter eyeshadow. I figured the colorful pansies would prettify.Experiment #2 was embarked upon after feeling the first look was too era-specific. I decided that if anything could make a little black fringe dress work for day, it would be the boots in question. I inappropriately threw in a vintage rosary and the same vest. I feel like this is more me, though I definitely don't feel like I've got my mind wrapped around the DMs yet.