Fashion Time   +  travel

tailor-made tweeds for temperate temperatures
(just touched down in London town!) Zara fedora, tailor-made tweed jacket, Bossini shirt, Topman gloves, Cheap Monday black skinnies, Comme des Garcons bag, Margiela shoes
Bored by the lack of cold weather outerwear options in the city that I live (it is Manila, after all), I decided to take to the tailor's and have a cold-weather jacket made. I spotted a huge roll of black and white tweed lying around the corner, and it immediately reminded me of this one-button tweed jacket by Obedient Sons that I had lusted for just recently.one-button tweed jacket by Obedient Sons (photo from men.style.com)
So, with a print-out of that photo in tow, I marched back to the tailor's and had that project rolling. The tweed came out lighter than the one used in the Obedient Sons jacket, and there was a tiny mishap on the button placement, but I was nonetheless happy with the result:It did serve me well in the London cold, despite the sleeves being unlined. (I was too stingy to pay full-price for a fully-lined jacket.) Here it is worn on the day we went by Buckingham palace to see the changing of the guards.worn with vintage bowler hat, Zara shirt, Greyhound ribbed-cuff jeans, Topman gloves, Margiela shoesFunny enough, my gloves perfectly matched the horse's blanket and a few of the street-cleaners' uniforms.