Fashion Time   +  tailoring

An Apology Letter to Raf Simons + Philippine Fashion Week Style Spotting
Dear Mr. Raf Simons,

You knock my socks off. I really dig your work, each individual piece that you churn out reaffirms my love for fashion that got me into it from the start.clothes and footwear, all by Raf Simons (photo from The Fashionisto)

But, sigh, not only are your pieces on the really pricey side, they are nowhere to be purchased in the city where I currently reside.Raf Simons waistcoat, GBP 450 at Browns

One thing that is accessible to me, however, is a tailor. I printed out photos of the vest from all angles, and guiltily asked my tailor to copy them to the dot.Raf Simons himself. A kind-looking fellow, isn't he?
Dearest Raf, because you seem like a really nice guy, I would like to apologize for knocking you off.the abstract neck vest in question
Rest assured that when the funds make themselves available to me, I shall purchase a piece from your label as an act of reparation.
Love,Izzy
P.S. This is me, by the way:vintage Ray-Ban drifter sunglasses, tailor-made abstract neck vest, H&M t-shirt, Casio watch, Topman wool shorts, random dark gray socks, Erotokritos sandals
This got me thinking though, if I can't stand the sight of counterfeit LV handbags and cheap Y-3 knockoff apparel, how can I be wearing an almost exact replica of a vest by Raf Simons? In matters of inspiration and imitation in fashion, where must one draw the line?

In other news, a futile attempt at street style photography, my picks at yesterday's Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2009 shows:I love the epaulettes on her blouse made out of black iridescent feathers. This lovely lady sitting at the front row caught my eye even as I was in the last row, I just had to approach her get her photograph. Outfit by Jerome Ang (Please correct me if I'm wrong.), photo by Andrew BorlonganDark jerseys in varying shades of black are fool-proof cool. (edit: knit wrap top + Ann Demeulemeester stripe knit top, Hugo Boss pants, Longchamp bag, Converse shoes.) One of my favorite Filipino designers, Don Protasio.