Fashion Time   +  travel

Asiana
These images represent the sensibilities that have been inspiring my style for the past couple of weeks, perhaps singlehandedly driven by my purchase of those Victoria kung-fu shoes. I feel like Asians living in Western countries try so hard to dress to assimilate into Western culture that to step out in a look that is so characteristically Asian would be strikingly refreshing.photos via The Sartorialist
Flowy fabrics, loose bottoms, bold geometric prints, the kimono silhouette of a belted waist, shawl collar, roomy round shoulders that flow into wide sleeves, super-flat shoes, robes as jackets.
On that note, as I type this blog entry, I wait at the gate about to embark on a 21-hour air trek to Asia, to vacation in my hometown of Manila for a couple of weeks. I wouldn't mind having one of these in XXL as an Oriental-luxe plane cover-up:Shanghai Tang reversible Chinese jacket in black and lime
I dread air travel, and I despise flying economy. Here's hoping my drop-crotch jersey pants keep me comfy and my robot keychain keeps me entertained for 20+ hours in the air.