Fashion Time   +  through the years

Mick Jagger, through the years
After doing a post to commemorate Keith Richards in light of his autobiography coming out soon, I got a request by a kind blogger to do a post of this nature for Mick Jagger as well. I liked the idea and I think I might continue to do "Through the years" series for some of our favorite muses and musicians. I need to work on the order of these pictures, but I think y'all are smart enough cookies to distinguish "Mick in '64" from "Mick in '94." "Who was the great love of Mick's life? Actually, I think it was Keith." - Marianne Faithfull"I must be careful not to get trapped in the past. That's why I tend to forget my songs." "There aren't any playboys any more. They don't exist any more. It's rather sad, really. They wrap themselves around trees in badly-driven sports cars.""What's success to bourgeois people anyway? Success to them is an endless succession of marriage and the monotony of suburban cars. That's what they think success is. I didn't want to please my parents anyway.""All dancing is a replacement for sex.""I think, like most people, my moral values tend to be pretty fuzzy." "I have never wanted to give up performing on stage, but one day the tours will be over."(About Marianne) "She turns me on to lots of good things. She has led me into music, drama, and literature which I haven't read before ... I turn her on to things more basic." "We belong to a generation that's separate from any other. We believe in what we're doing. We're happy to have the kids screaming for us. It gets me down to think that a lot of them will one day disappear into the drab nest. I hope all of them won't. If only the whole world could stay young." "I'd rather be dead than singing 'Satisfaction' when I'm forty-five." "I'm totally anti-nostalgia. I never listen to old Rolling Stone records. I'm not really interested in them. They're funny sometimes to hear.""People have this obsession: they want you to be like you were in 1969. They want you to, because otherwise their youth goes with you. It's very selfish, but it's understandable.""The elusive nature of love ... it can be such a fleeting thing. You can see it there, and it's just fluttering, and it's gone." "My secrets must be poetic to be believable.""It's an overwhelming feeling - the audience. That must be why most of these people never give up performing. Because they just can't go without that sort of rush. It's a bit like having an orgasm. Sometimes an orgasm is better than being onstage, sometimes being onstage is better than an orgasm.""Either we stay at home and become pillars of the community or we go out and tour. We couldn't really find any communities that still needed pillars." "Of course, I have human feelings.""The new fashion is to talk about the most private parts of your life. The other fashion is to repent of your excesses and to criticize the drugs that made you happy in the other times." "Mick Jagger was different. He is someone I could really have fallen for. Unfortunately, he was with Chrissie Shrimpton at the time." - Françoise Hardy "You wake up in the morning and you look at your old spoon, and you say to yourself, 'Mick, it's time to get yourself a new spoon.' And you do.""Spice Girl Victoria Beckham has just published the story of her life. I confess that it is not in my reading table." "Keith and I have a very complicated relationship. I don't pretend to understand it. I find it quite tricky. He is a very inward person and he was always a very quiet and meditative type of person, so to bring out what he really wants to say is, I think, quite a problem for him sometimes. I'm a very outgoing person and very gregarious. Keith isn't, really, although he's learned to be somewhat more gregarious than he used to be." "Life's just a cocktail party - on the street."