Fashion Time   +  quotes

i'm just a soul whose intentions were good, oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood
Just a quote I stumbled upon from Rebel Heart:
"Patti [Smith]'s brand of feminism was based on not being a victim. She thought women should be in full control of their faculties and take a rebel stand. I jumped on Patti's vision. People were constantly comparing me to Bardot and Mia Farrow, which gave me the idea to create my wild child image, which was so popular at the time, and I started to translate it into this beautiful Jane Birkin movie, which would, as I imagined it, be fabulously and sexily rebellious. When I walked in a room, I wanted to make the other models tremble, as if the Antichrist had arrived. I wanted to hear them whisper, 'That's Bebe Buell ... She goes out with ... the devil.'"

Wouldn't we all want to live in a Jane Birkin film? My choice would be "Wonderwall" - then my name could be Penny Lane, I'd be model-gorgeous and doe-eyed, live in a decadently psychedelic London pad, and George Harrison would conduct the accompanying music to my life. I'd totally let a creepy scientist peer into my apartment to witness my level of fabulousness.