Fashion Time   +  tailoring

The Lapel-less Blazer and the Hermès Scarf
Contrary to what you think I might say, one can have too many black blazers, and so when I set out to have another one made, I decided to change it up a bit. I wanted something that was structured, yet easy, and minimally detailed. Allow me to share my latest collaboration with my brilliant tailor, the lapel-less blazer:I had the front made softly structured, partially double-breasted, and buttonless and all the pockets nixed save for the one breast pocket for stuffing in various pocket squares to subtly alter the look. This jacket has the makings of a possible favorite basic piece.
The idea may not be notably groundbreaking; a number of designers have done jackets without lapels in the past. However, the execution and detailing were my vision through and through. Here it is worn:Number (N)ine sunglasses, tailor-made lapel-less blazer, Hermès scarf, Uniqlo cardigan, Cheap Monday trousers, ASOS shoesOh and as you can see, I bit the bullet and purchased my first Hermès scarf.gratuitous orange box shotIt's a old-time print entitled "A Propos de Bottes", literally "About Boots", and depicts a collection of riding boots accented by top hats and braided whips made out of horsehair. The print is in cream and gray with hints of green; the narrow hand-stitched trim in bluish green gracefully brings everything together.the Hermès 90 cm carrè in silk twill up close
A couple more detail shots:man mary-janes from ASOSpermanent fixtures on my left wrist: cuffs by Number (N)ine and Giles and Brother
Second, third, seventh, and eighth photos by my darling friend Angelina. Take a stroll through her portfolio, she's really talented.