Fashion Time   +  veruschka

but for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, and count every beautiful thing we can see
In a way, I (almost) can't wait to get back to New York because I'm getting too accustomed to waking up every morning to lovely weather. I find myself planning picnics, sunbathing, road trips, and so many other activities that require several feet of snow to not be on the ground. Until I have to go back to the upstate chill, I will do as the dollies do and lay in open fields of grass. Now all I need to do is find a meadow...Flower power poster child Marianne Faithfull lounges in a field Audrey Hepburn shields her eyes from the sunI love this scene of Sofia Coppola's film where Marie Antoinette and her gang venture outdoors to watch the sun rise The queen of glam, Marilyn Monroe, proves she could also be (quite literally) down-to-earthSophia Loren smiles in a field of dandelionsAmanda Seyfried, in Teen Vogue, is surrounded by wildflowers so bright they almost match the color of her light blonde hairThe cast from Across the Universe in one of my favorite scenes, where the group sings "Because" in an open meadow of tall grass Jack Nicholson's future gal-pal Anjelica Huston poses in a manicured outdoor settingMarianne and Mick, the poster couple for the decadent bohemian glitterati of the sixties, lay on fields of grass and pelts of fur Audrey Hepburn picks flowers petals in Holland - perhaps playing a game of 'He loves me, he loves me not'?I think Marc Jacobs is a genius and creates the most beautiful things, and his campaign for his scent 'Daisy' is no exceptionThe lovely Linda (McCartney, that is)Marianne Faithfull, by Jean-Marie PerierAnother look at Kirsten Dunst's take on Marie AntoinetteOf this photo, Pattie Boyd said: "Me with my dirty feet in the country. George and I went to the countryside and threw down some rugs and had a lovely picnic" Chanteuse Françoise HardyThe beautiful Sharon TateWell, I just can't get enough of MarianneOne of my personal fashion heroes, Sienna MillerMembers of the Bloomsbury group: Lady Ottoline Morrell, Maria Nys, Lytton Strachey, Duncan Grant, and Vanessa BellJane Birkin still manages to look perfect, even when she's laying in a field of dirt and grassRolling Stone spawn, Georgia May JaggerAnother from Sofia Coppola's Marie AntoinetteSpeaking of the Stones, a glimpse at Keith Richards soaking up the sunFormer Disney darlings, Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens in Elle MagazineThe fabulous Miss France GallI wish that the unnatural lighting was the strangest part of this very cool pic, but Veruschka's choice to lounge in the woods with little more than that red stretch of fabric beats the post-apocalyptic hueJudy Garland's Dorothy takes a nap in the meadows of Oz