Fashion Time   +  nyc

pure luxury
1. exiting the hotel and headed to the Derek Lam show, wearing Karen Walker sunglasses and Etoile Isabel Marant mohair sweater2. helping myself to some coffee at MObar's Bing lounge3. tea and fruit at the spa's waiting area
I wanted to write a belated thank you to the Mandarin Oriental at Columbus Circle for hosting me during NYFW. They spoiled me with a beautiful view, an unbeatable 5 minute walk to Lincoln Center, all the downtime I could ask for at their blogger haven Bing Lounge, and the opportunity to stand in elevators with Andre Leon Talley and an ice cream cone-holding Bear Grylls. Can't decide who I love more so don't make me. To top it all off, at the end of fashion week they treated me to some time at their world renowned spa. I'm not a typical spa person..I think all the would-be massage funding is funneled towards my shoe collection so I was as excited as I was nervous (Bryan laughed at me for about five minutes when I confessed this to him, thanks dude) about doing everything right. Whatever that means. I chose the 'Warmth and Wellness Body Treatment', which started with an organic full body exfoliation and clay mask and was followed by a massage that had me melt into a dream state. My skin has never been smoother or my legs more embarrassingly noodle-like after trying to stand up. The perfect way to end my stay before flying to London the next morning. My only fear is that starting at the apex of the massage world, it's probably all downhill from here. Just as I was picturing myself re-allocating my shoe funds. I'll just have to make sure to be back next time I'm in Manhattan.