Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

australia fashion week photo diary

(photos by me and Colin Sokol) Finally my photos from Australia! Having the opportunity to attend MBAFW was so special - thank you Destination New South Wales and IMG for making it all happen. The experience was so full-on, I still can't believe I had the chance to meet Kym Ellery, Camilla Freeman-Topper, Dion Lee, and Susien and Nic from Lover. Very surreal, all that. Highlight shows for me were Bec & Bridge, Ellery, and Ksubi but honestly I feel like I'm still processing all of the radness that I saw. We extended our stay and moved to an apartment in Bondi after fashion week...was perfect having some days to relax and the last day we even rented a car to head out to the northern beaches. In these photos you're looking at (vaguely in order) me wearing two pairs of Rebecca McQueen heels (here and here), Lover in their showroom and then on me, our friend Sonnys fence of boards, Ellery magic, candid moments at various shows, faded Hawaiian floral print denim at Ksubi, hanging at the Sydney aquarium with Russh wearing Rag & Bone/Zara/Gail Sorronda, an event with Burberry wearing the Camilla & Marc Morrison dress in black, fruit bats napping in palm trees at the Royal Botanic Gardens, a big ol' rock, a Phillip Lim two tone motorcycle jacket on the street, accidental faux forlornness, sartorial beachscape matching, lychee coconut iced concoction that needs to make itself available in LA, shooting with the equal parts beautiful and humorous Candice Lake, some shopping at Shallow in Bondi (Zadig Illesteva Eddie Borgo Faith Connexion mingle), shooting with Sonny who cheekily demoted Colin to lighting assistant (results here), an empty beach on the drive north, the Ksubi trio, sailing with Camilla and Marc, head to toe Isabel Marant oops, lunch in Avalon, and the iconic Opera House. Ok so maybe captions would have been better. And with that, tomorrow I'm heading to Cannes with L'oreal for the final days of the film festival! Will check in next from idyllic southern France.