Fashion Time   +  Inspiration

cannes 2012 via instagram

The most glamorous event documented with the most basic means, I guess we're doing this now. You're looking at scenes from the amFAR Gala and afterparty at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in my A.L.C. dress, the storied Hotel Martinez ("selection of red berries" every morning please!), a day of screwing off with Emily wearing my Helmut Lang Lush Voile top, and my lovely hosts from L'Oréal Steven and Lisa. L'Oréal did my makeup and hair throughout my stay, which meant beachy waves for amFAR created with the help of plenty of Elnett and their currently unreleased but very perfect "Elseve" hair oil. This stuff is going to attain cult status about an hour after it hits shelves, it moisturizes and gives ends that light slip at the ends and nothing more. Totally worth how evil I feel for talking about things that aren't available yet. The makeup was focused heavily on the eyes with their Infallible Eye Shadow in Sultry Smoke smudged about with just enough precision, Infallible Never Fail Lacquer Liner on the waterline, and a good amount of Voluminous Power Volume Mascara (top and bottom cause that's what I do). It was such an honor to be in Cannes with L'Oréal - this year marked their 15th year as the official makeup partner of the festival. There's no way my iPhone photos convey the level of glamour and alternate universe-ness that pervades um everything, from watching a fleet of gold Mercedes go by and watching a movie in the same room as Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson to traveling everywhere via car processions and having Milla Jovovich's agent keep you up during the auction when not sleeping in thirty hours starts to take its toll socially. Thank you Steven, Lisa, and all of the amazing team from L'Oréal that I met in France. Dream come true!