Fashion Time   +  wet n wild

I ♥ DRUGSTORE MAKEUP TAG
Mood [Gloomy]
Currently Playing [None]

Hello world! ~
Hope you are all having a great week so far! (I'm still on March Break so it's been pretty sweet!) Today I'm gonna be doing another tag post that's been getting a lot of popularity over at Youtube a few months ago. It's the I Love Drugstore Makeup Tag and it basically consists of 8 questions, which I have kindly listed below along with my answers to them. Please do tell me if you have done this tag before and if you have, I would love to hear your thoughts! So leave me a comment to the link to your video or blog! :) Have fun reading!

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?

It's hard to pick just one, I think it's a pretty close tie between Revlon and L'Oreal. I love Revlon's lip products (Lip Butters) and their Super Stay foundation. However, L'Oreal also has their amazing True Match liquid foundation and some of the best hair products! So it's definitely a tie between these two brands and Maybelline will come in 3rd.

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?

Favourite face product:
L'Oreal True Match Foundation in W3 - LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! It's one of my all time favourite liquid foundations that I've ever tried. What I love most is the fact that there are so many different color choices. I think there's more than 20 shades and they are all divided into Cool, Neutral and Warm. I'm under the Warm category since I have more of a yellow undertone. I will go in depth when I actually review this product in a separate post.

Favourite cheek product:
NYC Brushable Creme Sticks are my favourite cheek products! It's sad that they are no longer made, since they are discontinued. I really wish that NYC will bring these back because they are not only super pigmented, soft and creamy, but at only $3.99 a piece, they are also a great bargain! (You can read my full review of this product here)

Favourite lip product:
Rimmel's Nude Delight (reviewed here), Revlon's Soft Nude (reviewed here) & Maybelline's Pink Please (reviewed here) are my top 3 favourite drugstore lip colours! These colours are honestly my HG and I have yet to find replacements for them. I always keep these 3 tubes in my makeup bag and take them with me everywhere I go. (I even have backups of each of these shades) Why you might ask? That's because these 3 colours goes so well with EVERYTHING! They are Holy Grail items for a reason!

3. Least favorite product?

NYX Round lipsticks are my least favourite products. I own two of the colours, Strawberry Milk and Circ. Now it's not the formula nor the pigmentation that I have a problem with but it's the smell and the taste! I don't really know how to describe it but these lipsticks have a really odd smell to them. To me, it honestly smells like detergent or like a clean washroom. Now, some people might like those smells but for me, I would much rather not have that close to my mouth. That's why I have never managed to finish any of these or to use them for that matter. It's rather sad because Strawberry Milk is such a nice colour!

4. What is the best makeup bargain?

e.l.f. Essential Liquid Eyeliner has been my liquid eyeliner of choice in the past 3 months! I'm already on my 3 tube because this stuff is amazing! It's very, very black and extremely affordable! If you are in Toronto, you can purchase this at your local Dollarama for $1.25! Sometimes it does get out of stock, but they will come back. It stays on all day and it doesn't budge. And for that price, I always stock up on backups because it's so much more affordable than my usual Dolly Wink eyeliner. Now there 2 main issues that I have with this product: 1) You will need to use a primer or on top of eyeshadows in order for it to last throughout the day. Sometimes I get lazy and would just wear an eyeliner without any shadows or primer. However, I cannot do that with this liner or else it will fade away because my eyelids can get oily during the day. 2) The applicator is a little too long for my liking. If the brush was a little shorter in length, it will be much easier to control. Thus, it does take time to get use to the longer brush.

5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)

Almay Smart-Shade Anti-Aging Foundation is my underdog product. (Briefly mentioned here) Actually, in general, I think Almay is an underdog brand that always get overlooked. I also love this foundation but I haven't read a lot of reviews about it yet. In fact, I wanted to try more Almay products after being introduced to this specific foundation. I think Almay do have great products and most of their items are hypoallergenic, which makes me wonder why it's such an overlooked brand. I'm assuming it's the more expensive price tag and the packaging/advertising that's not really catered to younger audiences. Come on Almay, you have great products but it's time to step up your game!

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
These L'Oreal Colour Riche Eyeshadow Palettes are my overpriced item. They are around $10 at Walmart and I'm sure they are even more expensive at Shoppers. Why I think they are overpriced is because look at the size of the shadows. Even though the packaging is very nice and chic but you're actually not getting a lot of the product. You get 4 shades for $10 but I can easily get shadows from Wet N' Wild for a fraction of the price and get larger pans. Plus, there were a lot of fall-outs from these shadows and they weren't pigmented.

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!

This is my best dupe: Urban Decay's Gunmetal vs Wet N' Wild's Lust Palette. They are extremely similar right? I would even argue that I like the Wet N' Wild one better because the shadow is a lot more softer than the Urban Decay one. I love this shade in general because it makes the perfect outer corner colour and it goes so nice with almost every other colour.

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil is the product that isn't worth the hype for me. I think I may be the only one on the planet that doesn't really see the use in these pencils. Yes, I understand that they are a great primer/base, but I just rarely reach for them. Maybe I'm just lazy but I just stick with my eyeshadow primer and forget about using this as a base afterwards. Also, I do find them overpriced as well (they are more than $6 in Canada) there are lot of other alternatives (especially in the Asian market) for jumbo eyeshadow pencils instead of these ones. I just cannot see myself reaching for these anytime soon.