Fashion Time   +  sponsors

JULY 2013 BEAUTY FAVOURITES: AVON, REVLON, REAL TECHNIQUES, MAYBELLINE, ROSEBUD
Mood [Full]
Currently Playing [None]
Sorry that it's been so long since my last monthly favourites. To be honest, I'm not a person of change. So if I find something that I like or enjoy using, I stick with it! So I'm really happy that in the month of July, I have started using some new skincare/makeup items, most of which I have also been loving. Without any more fillers, here are my July 2013 beauty favourites.
Avon Elements Youth Restoring Anti-Wrinkle Eye Roller
I was really happy to have received some of the new skincare products from Avon. I have never tried any of their Elements line before so it's definitely a new experience for me this month. The moisturizing formula, infused with nutrient-rich Amethyst Mineral Complex, helps skin appear healthier and younger as fine lines look reduced. What I also really like about this product is that it's a roller type of applicator. The cooling ceramic roller ball smoothes the look of wrinkles and any fine lines. (Swatch below)
Avon Element Moisture Boost Night Gel Cream Oil-Free
I've always been a huge fan of gel moisturizers. So this night time gel cream is just perfect for me. I need something with an extra moisture boost now because my skin has been going through some major changes, which I think it's a result of getting older. My skin is definitely not as oily as my teen years and those, I always end up with some dry patches/spots on my face. This is formulated with Camellia Tea Leaf, which is very soothing for the skin. It targets oily and dry areas so skin stays in perfect balance and it's suitable for sensitive skin as well. (Swatch above)
Real Techniques By Samantha Chapman Buffing Brush
Ever since I purchased the Core Collection at Walmart, this brush and I have pretty much been inseparable. Even though it's suppose to be a brush for powder makeup, I find that it's very nice to use with liquid foundation. I've especially been loving these two combos for making my skin look flawless even if I have some dry spots on my face. And not to mention that the entire Core Collection is very affordable, which makes it an extra bonus!

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 150 Nude
I've always been a huge fan of Revlon foundations, my favourite one is still the Colorstay one. But this Nearly Naked foundation has been my go-to foundation in the past 2 months. I think the formula is very beautiful and it really does simply just melt into my skin. It feels very much like a tinted moisturizer because it's very thin in consistency. But of course, I think it has a much better coverage! The product sets to almost a powdery finish. The staying power of this product is around 7 hours on my oily skin, so I would say that it's very decent. Overall, highly recommend this foundation for a very natural and "naked" coverage.
Rosebud Perfume Co. Mocha Rose Lip Balm
Smith's Rosebud Salve is THE cult lip salve. It conditions, moisturises and smooths the lips and any areas of spot dryness. I've been such a lover of these lip balms and when I saw the Mocha version at my Sephora, I just can't say no. I like the ones that come in a squeezable tube much more because I never like to use my fingers to apply lip products. Those it's pricey, at $9 per tube, I think it's worth it. I have never found another lip balm that keeps my lips as hydrated and smooth as this one. (Swatch below)
Maybelline SuperStay 10HR Stain Gloss in Fresh Fuchsia
I am so in love with this lip stain! Now, this review is going to be solely on this colour alone because I haven't tried any of the other colours yet so I can't say the same about it. However, what I can say is that this colour is just beautiful! Why I really like the idea of lip stain is the fact that as a teacher, I can't constantly go to the washroom between classes to freshen my makeup. Thus, I usually need something that will either last me throughout the day or at least until lunch time. I couldn't say at the stain lasts for 10 hours, but it does very fairly for around 6 hours. (Of course after eating, I would reapply the product). While it can be a little drying on my lips it's nothing too bad. I really like the initial finish and there’s a nice range of shades, but most are pinks and berries. Can't wait to pick up more shades! Plus, the applicator reminds me a lot of the YSL stains, which I think it's great! (Swatch above)

PS, don't forget to enter my Urban Decay Naked Palette giveaway, follow the link on the side bar!