Fashion Time   +  skin care

CHANGING YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE - QUO KONJAC SPONGE REVIEW
Mood [Hungry]
Currently Playing [None]

"Konjac? What's that?" - This was pretty much my response a few months ago when I first heard about konjac sponges from fellow Toronto bloggers Michele and Rica! After they gave me the Konjac 101 lesson and with a little bit of research, I am now happy to say that this little sponge has made a huge difference in my skincare routine.

So What Exactly is a Konjac Sponge and What Does it Do?
Konjac is actually from a potato-like plant in Asia and the Japanese have actually used Konjac potatoes as beauty treatment for more than 100 years. Konjac sponges are usually handmade from the vegetable fibre so it is extremely gentle on the skin and it's 100% biodegradable. Konjac sponges can be used as a cleanser for both your body and face. I really like how the sponge can act as a gentle exfoliator and can rub off dead skin cells without being too harsh on the skin. While you can use this sponge alone, I like to add a little bit of cleanser to the sponge. (This will shorten the lifespan of the sponge but I do like it more like this)

This specific sponge is from Quo and can be picked up at your local Shoppers Drug Mart for around $5. And it's made in Korea as well! You can even read more about it in the package below.

How Do I Use my Konjac Sponge?
The sponge has a very unique texture that when it dries, it becomes very hard. What you'll need to do is to put it under warm water until it becomes soft again. Then I would add a little cleanser onto the sponge when it's wet and puffy. I would then use a circular motion around my face to exfoliate and remove all the dirt from the day. It's very smoothing and comfortable! You will need to replace the sponge after 2-3 months of usage. You don't need to throw it into the garage, you can dump it in the compost instead.
And The Result?
It's LOVE! I'm not going back to my regular cleansing sponges anymore! I have noticed that my skin over the past 3 months have cleared up dramatically. And overall my skin just look softer and brighter! I love using this product because it's just so gentle and easy to maintain. It cleans very easily and with a little string at the back, it can be stored without any hassle as well. Like I've always said, Japanese really know their stuff when it comes to skin care!

RATING
Product (5/5)
Cost (5/5)
Ease of Use (5/5)
Packaging (4/5)