Fashion Time   +  TIME

Meet Gus-Gus

Our baby just turned 18 on Thursday. Her Dad and I have heard talk for months of her anticipation for this day to come, because her big present to herself was to get a tattoo.

Obviously, turning into the 'uncool' parent I swore I would never be , my immediate reaction was 'please don't do that' (while trying not to grit my teeth and roll my eyes simultaneously).

She called early in the morning Saturday to say she and bf would be visiting for the day and mentioned, 'I decided something else would be a better present to myself than a tattoo'.
Hence, this is her new little puppy, a Golden Retriever .

Upon arrival, Gus' name was not Gus, it was Toby ...however five minutes later she was calling him Champ . Quickly following the thought of a better name of Oakley, Booker, Klondike and finally back to Toby ...That is until he flipped over on his back to expose his irresistible pudgy tummy, when suddenly my daughter shrieked with laughter, pointing out how he looked like the little fat mouse from Cinderella; Gus-Gus.

We were of course in love and couldn't wait to play and interact with him in the garden.
Soooo we all scurried over to a nice shady spot in the front garden.
AND
...this is what happened;

As you can plainly see, Gus is very excitable and quite the bundle of energy!
I worked quickly, adjusting the camera, so I could keep up and capture the little guy's exuberant personality!

Gus was so overwhelmed with the smells of every neighborhood dog in the corner of the front yard...this made him even more hyper, so we decided to bring him in the house so he could explore...

Refusing to hold still for one minute, Gus ran from corner to corner of the house, investigating and taking everything in.

Too hot in the house, we thought we'd bring him out to the back garden;

Good thing I had the camera in 'Action mode'; otherwise we might have missed this shot of Gus rambunctiously searching for little tree frogs and chasing butterflies...

Finally, when it was time to leave and go home, Gus woke briefly and reluctantly for a few minutes. He gave us a very sleepy puppy breath snarffle good-bye, and fell back asleep in my daughters arms.

'I'm sure he'll sleep like a rock tonight'...I said sarcastically to my daughter. (i.e. better a puppy than the real thing :)

L
(Who is far too young to be a G'ma just yet!)