Fashion Time   +  Vintage Finds

Vintage Kewpie Crossing! Happy Friday!

I'm smitten.

Growing up a Farm Girl, I wasn't really into dolls much and I'm still not. However, who can resist a Vintage Kewpie? As in, a true, Rose O'Neill original design Kewpie.

Obviously, not me.


Vintage Rose O'Neill Composition Kewpie by Cameo Circa 1930s

Despite her lil' hairline cracked eye and the fact that she was found in her birthday suit, I just had to bring her home.

Over the past six months, it seems I can't go to a sale without a kewpie finding it's way into my pile of 'junk' that I bring home after a good day of 'sailing'. Ironically, in all the years of my being addicted to 'Vintage Everything'...I don't think I have ever come across any before!

Now, in taking note of how many different small collections I have hoarded in each room (closet, cupboard, tote, trunk, patio, garage...shed...); I ask myself, can I part with the Kewpies?

Vintage Rare German bisque Kewpie moveable arms, googly eye-d..excellent condition

I couldn't believe when I found this little chubby treasure on a table filled with random chotchkie's for a quarter.

And...here is a few samples of some of the adorable cigar flannels that I now have (I think I'm up to seven of them); signed by Rose O'Neill, dated 1914

These were collectible premiums, that came wrapped around cigars! People would sew them together for quilts, pillows and often use them as miniature rugs in doll houses.

Who knew there was a National Cigar Museum?! Well, there is! and you can hop on over to the site that gives a little history and many colorful examples of cigar felts.

Okay, my Vintage Lovin' Peeps, Show n' Tell is over!...I need to move on to morning chores, before morning is over too!

Happy Friday!

PS Sure hope you Gals (and King's of Junkin'!)...have Molly Mo's Summer Antique Flea Market on tomorrow's agenda! See my post below with the flyer and details!
Hope to see you there!