Fashion Time   +  TIME

Grape Juice Venture Take I

I'd like to thank the bird that deposited the grape that sprouted up late last summer right next to our driveway.

This summer it has really taken off, so in our lovely Indian summer weather we are having at the moment, I went out yesterday and picked the front side of the cattle panel that it is growing against.

Neighbors came out to chat with me and taste them, even our garbage man pulled up to stop and talk to me, saying 'how clever it was to plant a grape growing in your front yard'. :)

I decided to work with small batches vs. trying to lug in buckets of grapes. Good thing, because it took me most of my afternoon and evening to pick, rinse, cook down, SQUEEZE, SQUEEZE and SQUEEZE.

The results so far is a gorgeous ruby reddish juice with quite a bit of sediment. I'll keep working on it and post a photo of the end result.

I must also thank the lady I bought this little child's bentwood chair from for $1. It's perfect plump purple grape pickin' size!