Fashion Time   +  style

*Sew It Up*: Jenny From The (Color) Block

Guess who has finally made her 100th post? This chick. Took me long enough... I'll admit, my posts got infrequent throughout the past two years for several reasons--all of which were my fault. I wasn't sure how popular a unfashionable fashion blogger would be. I let my perfectionist nature get the best of me, and I was overly critical of the smallest things. I neglected my blog when it should have been something that I made a priority. I lost the excitement I once had, because I stopped believing in myself. Well, I don't think it's a coincidence that with this 100th post, I am sharing with you all how I have decided to reignite my passion in blogging. It's through my new-found passion in sewing. I'm sure you know how things work around here. I find a pic of a celeb or blogger in a fab outfit, and I recreate the look or show how I was inspired by it. And I'll continue to do just that. The new twist? I'll be literally recreating a lot of those looks by sewing them myself (crazy, right?). I know I just started learning how to sew, like, yesterday. But this will be a way for me to practice, and combine what I used to love to do with what I love to do now. It'll be a challenge. It'll be exciting. It'll be hilarious sharing my Gordon Gartrell creations with the world. For this first DIY Copy & Paste, I reached way back into my *Right-Click Save* style file--since it's #ThrowbackThursday and all... I never got around to wearing an outfit inspired by this look by Jennifer Lopez, but I thought it was just right for the occasion. I took a trip to Gail K. Fabrics in search of green fabric for the dress, and this was literally the first thing I saw when I walked through the door. Unfortunately, it looks more yellow than green in my pics and I made my dress shorter than I intended to. But you get the idea. The Right-Click Save and The Copy & Paste

J. Lo photo *right-click saved* from: http://justjared.com

Wanna Right-Click Save?Dress made by yours truly!Christian Louboutin shoes I had a lot of fun with this project. And I've got a lot more exciting sewing-related ideas up my sleeve (that I made myself, of course). If I keep this up, it won't take me two years to make the next 100 posts...