Fashion Time   +  TIME

Happy Friday!

...sorry for the lengthy absence...it's been all fun and games here, with both my hubby and I being sick throughout Christmas and New Years...unfortunately still trying to shake it!

This will be short, as there is much to do; lots of blogging, hopefully some photographing *if* we have another gorgeous day like y'day, posting new items on both Etsy shops...and celebrating my Birthday! Yup. Today I am celebrating my 29th. (wink, wink).

I decided to create a large display using my ever growing collection of antique CDVs, photographs and tintypes of babies and young children. This is one of my newest additions, along with the precious, petite Victorian child's necklace shown. Isn't she adorable? To me, she looks like a little China Doll.
More pics to follow soon...

Some other projects...

Early Antique Quilt brooch; Madder Brown, Calico, Cinnamon Pink, Double Pink, Early Carved MOP; Sold

The last few weeks I have been creating flower brooches, using salvaged antique quilts and special antique buttons from my personal collection. I love how they look and especially love knowing that my customers enjoy having something with a story behind it. All of the quilt pieces are very early, most civil war era and are hand stitched/quilted. The batting ranges from wool, to raw cotton with seeds, to older quilts inside. The buttons I select are very old; mostly choosing Mother of Pearl, which is my favorite to collect.

Early Quilt Brooch Cinnamon Pinks, Double Pinks, Primitive MOP; Sold

Click over on my Etsy shop to see what is currently available...

Have a Happy Friday and a great weekend!