Fashion Time   +  vintage

Installed (And A Lil Copy and Paste): In Bloom

Florals? For Spring?Groundbreaking.
A line spoken by one of my favorite movie characters in one of my favorite movies--Miranda Priestly (played impeccably by Meryl Streep) in The Devil Wears Prada.

I admit...when I first saw the floral pant trend that had hit the scene, the exact words that Miranda uttered played in my head. But there was something about those flowers that made me reconsider my snarky stance.
I grabbed a pair of pants from my (and everyone else's) go-to store for trends, H&M. For $14.95, I can give it a shot and not feel horrible if I end up looking like a supermarket bouquet.
Turns out, quite a few bloggers snagged a pair of these babies. They said to me, "Oh, don't be ridiculous...Everybody wants this. Everybody wants to be US." a la Miranda. They were right--that is the premise of this blog, after all. And I made my way to ginormous checkout line, pants in hand (because the line is always long in H&M, regardless of what time you shop there).
The Installs

Right-Click Saved from: http://eatsleepwear.com

Right-Click Saved from: http://iamkhatu.com
As for the lil Copy and Paste:
I'd been trying to figure out if I could wear my newly acquired Zara sandals with these floral pants, when I checked out my weekly addiction--Eboni's Style Me Friday blog posts. There was the super stylish Fashionista Next Door wearing the same pants and sandals. I took it as a sign to join these two items in fashion matrimony.

Right-Click Saved from: http://fashionista-next-door.com

The Right-Click Save

Those flower pots are empty because all the plants are on my pants...

Wanna Right-Click Save?Express blazerZara shirtH&M pantsMichael Kors watchVintage necklace worn as bracelet, street vendor bangles, Amrita Singh ringThirfted purseZara sandals

Yup, I think I've been bitten by the floral pant bug...and a couple of other bugs too. Springtime brings out the critters, and they feasted on me while I took the photos above. Let me go nurse my wounds.

Enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend, loves!